Deadline: April 16, 2021
Applications are open for the Teach For Uganda Fellowship Program 2021. The Teach For Uganda Fellowship Program is a two-year leadership development opportunity for you to change the lives of children around Uganda while developing the most sought-after leadership skills.
The fellowship is an incredibly challenging, fulfilling and rewarding experience. It will grow you and transform your life, as well as that of your students, in ways you could have never imagined.
The TFU fellows teach full-time in UPE schools. During your two years in the program, it will be your personal responsibility to empower your students. As a teacher, you will set high expectations for your students, build a culture of achievement in the classroom, design effective lesson plans tailored to students’ needs, provide one-on-one mentorship to students in order to support them more meaningfully, employ learner-centered approaches of teaching to keep students engaged and motivated to learn, design and make use of learning aids to create a conducive learning environment for students, collaborate with other teachers, school leaders and community members in order to provide comprehensive care for the students, administer and analyze assessments in order to monitor students’ academic progress, and organize parent meetings to engage them in the learning of their children.
In your 2nd year, you will research, plan and implement a project to address one primary challenge to students’ achievement. They expect a lot from you as a fellow, but they also provide you with personalized support to meet your needs, and increase your effectiveness as a teacher and as a leader.
- You must be a citizen of Uganda below the age of 35;
- You must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree in any discipline of study;
- You must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Online Application Process: Fill in the application form and submit your CV along with four short-answer responses and one essay response.
- Phone Interview: If your online application is successful, you will be invited to complete a Critical Thinking Assignment.
- Assessment Centre: If you progress past the Critical Thinking Assignment, you will be invited for an in-person interview with TFU staff.
- Fellowship Offer: TFU will inform successful applicants of the final decision concerning their application, and will share next steps.
For more information, visit Teach For Uganda.