Application Due Date: January 16 th 2019
TechWomen brings emerging females leaders in science, innovation, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East together with their expert equivalents in the United States for a mentorship and exchange program. TechWomen supplies individuals access to networks, resources, and understanding to empower them to reach their complete capacity.
Throughout the five-week program, individuals participate in project-based mentorships at leading business in the San Francisco Bay Location and Silicon Valley, take part in expert advancement workshops and networking occasions, and travel to Washington, DC. for targeted conferences and unique occasions to conclude the program.
TechWomen is an effort of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) TechWomen, introduced in 2011, supports the United States’ worldwide dedication towards advancing the rights and involvement of females and women all over the world by allowing them to reach their complete capacity in the tech market.
TechWomen is handled by the Institute of International Education( IIE).
2019 TechWomen Eligibility Requirements
- Be females with, at minimum, 2 years full-time expert experience in the STEM (science, innovation, engineering and mathematics) fields. Please note that internships and other unsettled work experience does not count towards the two-year expert experience requirement
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Excel in composed and spoken English.
- Be people and irreversible locals of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while taking part in the program.
- Be qualified to get a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have actually gotten an immigrant visa to the United States (aside from the Variety Immigrant Visa, likewise referred to as the “visa lottery game”) in the previous 5 years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal irreversible local.
Choice will be offered to candidates who:
- Show themselves as emerging leaders in their selected expert track through their work experience, volunteer experience, neighborhood activities and education.
- Are dedicated to go back to their house nations to share what they have actually discovered and coach females and women.
- Have minimal or no previous experience in the United States.
- Have a tested record of voluntary or civil service in their neighborhoods.
- Have actually a shown performance history of entrepreneurialism and dedication to development.
- Show a determination to take part in exchange programs, welcome chances for mentoring and brand-new collaboration advancement, and show self-confidence and maturity.
The following expenses are covered by the TechWomen program:
- Roundtrip worldwide air travel from individual house nation to the United States
- Domestic air travel from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
- Real Estate in San Francisco or Sunnyvale, California throughout the mentorship duration
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel remain in Washington, D.C.
- Public transport to the individual’s host business
- Regional transport to group program occasions in the San Francisco Bay Location and Washington, D.C.
Individuals are accountable for the expense of any non program activities such as independent sightseeing and cultural occasions, in addition to any non program-related domestic or worldwide travel.
TechWomen individuals will be housed in San Francisco or Mountain View, California, depending upon the area of the individual’s host business. Individuals will share a house with a fellow Emerging Leader. Each individual will have her own personal bed room, while the living-room and cooking area will be shared.
The TechWomen program is not able to accommodate individuals’ partners, kids, or other dependents.
Please keep in mind that information go through alter. Due to the busy nature of the program, arrival and departure dates for chosen individuals are not versatile.
The 2019 TechWomen application will open on November 20, 2018 and close at 09: 00 AM PST (GMT-08: 00) on January 16,2019 Semifinalists will be gotten in touch with by means of e-mail in/around March2019 Decisions will be made no behind May 17,2019 All candidates will be informed of the outcomes of their application.
To Find Out More: