Due Date: January 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Terra Structure for American Art International Essay Reward 2019 The Reward acknowledges exceptional scholarship by a non-U.S. person operating in the field of historic American art.
The goals of the award are to promote and actively support worldwide scholars dealing with American art subjects, promote the worldwide exchange of originalities, and develop a broad, culturally relative discussion on American art. Essays might concentrate on any element of historic (pre-1980) American art and visual culture; nevertheless, architecture and movie research studies are not qualified. Choice will be provided to submissions that resolve American art within a cross-cultural context and provide brand-new methods of considering the product. A strong focus on visual analysis is motivated.
- The winner will get a $1,000 money award and a travel stipend of as much as $3,500 to offer a discussion in Washington, DC, and meet museum personnel and the pre- and postdoctoral research study fellows. This reward is supported by moneying from the Terra Structure for American Art.
- Authors should be non-U.S. people who have actually attained doctoral candidateship or finished a postgraduate degree (or the equivalent);-LRB- ***************).
- In addition, candidates should neither have actually released nor been accepted for publication in the journal American Art;-LRB- ******************).
- Manuscripts formerly released in a foreign language are qualified if launched within the last 2 years (please offer the date and place of the previous publication);-LRB- ***************).
- Essays that have actually been released in English will not be thought about;-LRB- ***************).
- Previous candidates should send brand-new product if they want to be thought about once again.
Interested authors are motivated to send a complete application package including the essay/manuscript, abstract, illustrations with captions, and a curriculum vitae. The manuscript must consist of in between 7,000 and 8,500 words (consisting of endnotes) and around 12 to 14 illustrations. Total citations ought to be offered in the endnotes according to the Chicago Handbook of Design 17 th edition.
A different bibliography is handy although it is not needed, nor will it be factored into the anticipated word count. An abstract of 500 to 1,000 words ought to be connected in a different Word file that 1) plainly specifies the essay’s thesis and contribution to the field of American art, and 2) lays out the essay’s fundamental structure and method. Essays might be sent in any language; abstracts should be sent in English. Supply all illustrations in a different PDF file, and caption each figure with the things’s title, artist, date, medium, measurements, and existing place.
Submissions should be sent out to [email protected] by January 15,2019 Concerns or remarks might be emailed to the exact same address.
For additional information, check out Terra Structure