Application Deadline:Thursday, 12 March 2020
The Annecy International Animation Film Market (Mifa) is the premier global marketplace for animation. Every year producers, broadcasters, sales agents, and distributors from 75 countries meet to discover the next big animated films and series. In 2020, the Annecy Festival will be honoring African animation. African animators from across the continent are invited to share their animated projects with the world.
The Africa Digital Media Foundation (ADMF), in association with the Heva Fund, Rubika, ADMI, and the Association of Animation Artistes, is launching the CreaTech Animation Incubator in order to equip select East African animators to attend the Mifa in 2020.
Individual animators and teams with the most engaging, outstanding, and distinctive animated series project ideas are invited to apply to participate as fellows in this unique incubator. Adapted from ADMF’s Scale-up Accelerator, the Incubator will provide up to 10 animators or teams with the mentorship they need to develop relevant animated projects that speak to both a local and global audience.
The CreaTech Incubator will be a three-month series of bootcamps that will include mentoring and high-level training with established industry professionals. Experts will include trainers from Rubika, the top animation school in France now at Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI), as well as international broadcasters, distributors, and sales agents. The teams will receive technical training to refine their animation projects, as well as market training to position their projects for success at the Mifa.
Women animators are encouraged to apply and take advantage of this unique opportunity that will not only serve as a great platform to showcase their work but also offers avenues for them to interact directly with industry. We believe such interactions are key in addressing the gender imbalance in the film and animation industries both regionally and globally.
Eligible Animators will:
- Submit an animated series concept that demonstrates creativity and uniqueness*
- Demonstrate a passion for animation and establishing a long-term career in the animation industry
- Complete an application in full and submit it via our website by 12 March 2020 (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Commit to attend all webinar and mentorship sessions, and if successful, the Mifa in June 2020 in Annecy, France
- Travel to and accommodation in Annecy will be covered for successful fellows
- Agree to meaningfully participate in and contribute to every component of the program**
- Acknowledge the CreaTech Animation Incubator and ADMF via social media, if accepted into the program
- Must be over 18 years and a citizen of a country in East Africa with a valid passport (or the ability to obtain a passport before successful finalists are announced).
To apply :
Submit a Concept Note of a single pdf file that contains the following:
- Title of series project, format, target audience and age bracket, and genre
- Synopsis of the story in no more than 250 words.
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the central characters
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the secondary characters
- 2-5 images of concept art of the world and its characters, backgrounds, model sheets, etc
Submit a Statement of Intent /Description of Project; its origin, message, its importance and uniqueness. Max. 1 page.
Submit CV of the author(s)
Submit scan of copy of passport.
The 2020 call for applications for the CreaTech Animation Incubator opens on Thursday, 30 January 2020 and the submission process will close on Thursday, 12 March 2020 17:00 East Africa Time.
*Call open to all East Africa residents.
For More Information: