Application Due Date: 6 December 2018.
The Olusegun Obasanjo Reward for Scientific Discovery and/or Technological Development is planned to reward and honor African researchers who have actually made exceptional contributions in clinical discovery or technological development. The Reward has actually been called in honor of the previous President of Nigeria, H.E. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in acknowledgment of his excellent statesmanship and management at the nationwide, local and global levels and his contributions to political wellness, socio-economic advancement and the favorable function he has actually played in supporting the spirit of clinical discovery and technological development in the African continent. Amongst Chief Obasanjo’s imposing accomplishments are:
- President of Nigeria from May 1999 to May 2007;-LRB- *************).
- Chairman of the African Management Online Forum;-LRB- *************).
- Patronage of The AAS through an endowment fund of caUS$ 5 Million.
Chief Obasanjo is likewise a member of the Africa Development Panel (APP), an independent authority on Africa introduced in April 2007 to focus world leaders’ attention on providing their dedications to the continent, and likewise acts as the unique envoy of the United Nations Secretary General Restriction Ki-Moon to Democratic Republic of the Congo.
H.E. Olusegun Obasanjo was an individual pal of the founding president of The African Academy of Science, the late Teacher Thomas R. Odhiambo, and a leader client whose federal government made substantial contribution to the Endowment Fund of The African Academy of Sciences. In acknowledgment of the foregoing, and in order to support the spirit of clinical discovery and technological development that would serve socio-economic advancement, the General Assembly of The AAS upon suggestion by its Governing Council has actually instituted this pan-African Olusegun Obasanjo reward for clinical discovery and/or technological development. The objective of this reward is to reward and honor African technological researchers and innovators who have actually made exceptional contributions either from Africa or from the Diaspora.
The AAS looks for to promote and cultivate development of a lively African clinical neighborhood, and to promote and support the spirit of clinical discovery and technological development that would serve socio-economic advancement in Africa. The Chief Obasanjo Reward will be granted to each of the following fields:
3. Info and interaction innovations, and
4. Product sciences.
Conditions Governing the Reward
The Olusegun Obasanjo Reward for clinical discovery and/or technological development is granted when every 2 years to specific researchers or a group of researchers that the Reward Choice Committee considers to have actually made exceptional clinical discovery or technological development that create social and financial advantages for the advancement of the continent. Such developments might be based upon sophisticated research study in greater instructional or research study organizations or based upon empirical observations originated from native and regional understanding systems.
The duty for choosing the laureate of the Olusegun Obasanjo Reward lies with the International Reward Committee which uses a detailed choice treatment to guarantee that those who are granted the Olusegun Obasanjo Reward satisfy the greatest requirements of clinical or technological developments. Such developments must have either direct or indirect, however considerable favorable effect on sustainable advancement, consisting of management of natural deposits, and defense of the environment with nationwide or local significance.
A significant requirement of the International Reward Committee is that the candidate( s) is (are) examined on his/her (their) benefit and accomplishment. The other requirements are as follows:
- The candidate( s) must be actively associated with the clinical or technological location in which s/he has actually made visible contribution;-LRB- *************).
- The candidate’s works must be either currently trademarked or has the prospective to result in a patent
- The candidate’s work must have multiplier result.
Worth of the Reward
The Reward, which will be granted every 2 years, has 3 parts:
1. Money award of US$ 5,000 however this might regularly be examined and changed by the Governing Council (GC) of The AAS;-LRB- *******************) 2. Gold Medal engraved; and a
3. Citation– in a type of certificate.
The Reward might be granted to a private or collectively to 2 or more individuals who will share the money award in equivalent quantities.
The Reward is open to all African researchers and technologists and does not acknowledge gender, ethnic, or geographical distinctions. National researchers and Fellows in the work of or who act as senior consultants to The AAS are not qualified for election. Likewise, the award might not be made to anybody who is a present member of the Governing Organ of The AAS Likewise, the award might not be made to anybody who is a present member of the Governing Organ of The AAS.
The GC of The AAS will designate every 2 years, a Reward Choice Committee of as much as 5 professionals (in the field of technological/engineering sciences, copyright, etc), with The AAS President as its inaugural Chairman of the Committee.
The Choice Committee reserves the right to look for additional elections or to decline the election of anybody. All product thought about by Committee and their considerations stay strictly private.
All choices taken and suggestions made by the Reward Choice Committee are binding and last, and no correspondence will be participated in in regard to such matters. No legal or other legal relationship will emerge in between the Committee, its members or/and anybody chosen for the Olusegun Obasanjo Reward for clinical discovery and/or technological development.
Elections are to be sent on the AAS Ishango Online System. Self elections will be accepted. Please follow the guidelines listed below.
- Follow this link to get to the AAS Ishango Online System: https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/
- Register as a brand-new user if you have actually not utilized the system prior to. If you have actually utilized the system prior to please continue to step iv.
- The system will email you a short-term password.
- Follow the link https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/ once again to access the system
- Go to existing user and log in with your password (very first time users will be asked for to change their momentary password with among their option).
- When you visit go to brand-new grant application and go to click here
- Select The Olusegun Obasanjo Reward for Scientific and Technological Development and click use to start filling out the online type.
- When you have actually supplied al the needed details, please confirm and send the type.
Please get in touch with Olivia Osula at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any explanation.
For Additional Information: