Application Due Date: January 11 th 2019
19 prominent German business established the effort AFRIKA KOMMT! in the year 2008– the extremely first joint-initiative for capability structure by German market. After the success of the very first 6 program consumptions and the seventh AFRIKA KOMMT! consumption still in procedure, the 8th AFRIKA KOMMT! consumption will follow on flawlessly with the application stage beginning 27 November 2018.
Great deal: advantages for both sides
At the heart of the AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program is an eight-months useful training in a prominent German business benefiting both, fellows and partner business– a timeless great deal:
The program fellows benefit through
- acquiring first-hand useful experience in a prominent German business
- being exposed to management principles and management methods in practice
- ending up being familiarized with working procedures and service culture in German business
- extending their global management proficiencies
- starting networks of cooperation partners in between Sub-Saharan Africa and German business
The partner business benefit through
- developing networks of cooperation and rely on appealing future markets in Sub-Saharan Africa
- extending their experience with the working and service culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- enhancing their understanding about cultures, markets, nations and so on in Sub-Saharan Africa
After 6 finished program years, a substantial variety of the individuals now operate in the branch workplace of their particular partner business in Africa.
Crucial element of AFRIKA KOMMT!
Funded by the German partner business, the capability advancement program AFRIKA KOMMT! includes the following essential elements:
1. One-month specific German language preparation course
2. 1 year remain in Germany consisting of:
- Two-months extensive German language course
- Eight-months internship in a German partner business
- 3 one-week training modules on global management and management proficiencies
- One-week research study trip in Germany on pertinent topics, e.g. “Digital Modification”
- Weekend workshops on cultural and social topics arranged by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in Stuttgart and the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius in Hamburg
- Cultural weekend activities arranged by GIZ
3. Transfer stage after the remain in Germany with combination into the AFRIKA KOMMT! Alumni Network and its local Alumni Clubs
4. Refresher course in Germany or Africa, approx. 6-12 months after the remain in Germany, using the previous fellows to extend their networks with other alumni and to equally gain from their experiences.
Prospects require to satisfy the following official eligibility requirements:
- University degree in a pertinent topic (please see specific business profiles listed below)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is a benefit
- 2 to 5 years of pertinent work experience
- Outstanding English language abilities
- Fundamental understanding of the German language is a benefit
- Not older than 35 years and healthy
- Female prospects are welcome
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program targets at extremely certified, self-driven young specialists and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with numerous years of hands-on work experience, strong management qualities and a really high level of dedication and commitment.
Besides the particular technical know-how pertinent to the partner business, the program needs prospects to have the following set of basic abilities and characteristics:
Language and interaction abilities:
- Outstanding English abilities
- Strong oral and written interaction abilities
- High determination to find out German
- High management capacity
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mindset
- High level of commitment, dedication and target-orientation
- Strong capability for team effort
- High level of interest, versatility and durability
- Impressive intercultural proficiencies
- Capability to adjust to brand-new environments rapidly
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program consists of:
- A specific German language course prior to departure to Germany
- An extensive German language course in Germany consisting of costs, lodging and living allowance
Travelling costs– Flights, Visa, and so on
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip air travel from your house town to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Programme-related taking a trip costs in Germany
Month-to-month living allowance throughout the theoretical stage
- Month-to-month living allowance of EUR 750,- (August, September and October 2019; July 2020)
- One-off moving cost of EUR 1.000,- for kicking back into the house nations
- Month-to-month wage throughout the internship in the business of approx. EUR 1.500,- gross
The regular monthly allowance of EUR 750,- and the wage guarantees a sufficient standard of life in Germany. Nevertheless, the quantity is not adequate to supply financial backing for households or loved ones and for this factor, they can not accompany the fellow to Germany. Furthermore, the individuals need to make plans to guarantee the subsistence of their households in their house nations throughout their involvement in the program.
- Lodging throughout all phases of the program in Germany (consisting of web allowance, electrical energy, water and other charges)
- Health, mishap and liability insurance coverage
- Worldwide management training courses
- Research study trip and weekend workshops in Germany
- Refresher course in Germany or Africa, consisting of management training
Alumni networking activities
AFRIKA KOMMT! is a practice-oriented fellowship program. Fellows will get 2 certificates. One authorities certificate upon effective conclusion of the program with an in-depth description of the particular contents and elements of the training and one authorities certificate by the partner business upon effective conclusion of the internship.
In addition, fellows will get a certificate by the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH by effective conclusion of the expert training in the tool “International Proficiency
4 actions to request AFRIKA KOMMT!
Suggestion: Please use as quickly as possible and not at the very end of the application duration as the anticipated high variety of applications may trigger technical hold-ups.
4 actions to use
If you wish to request the 8th AFRIKA KOMMT! consumption from 2019-2021, please make certain you follow the 4 actions noted below:
- Action 1: Examine the basic prospect requirements– do you fit the requirements?
- Action 2: Examine the readily available positionings and needed profiles of the seventh consumption of AFRIKA KOMMT! 2019-2021– Please remember you are requesting the program in basic, not for a particular positioning.
- Action 3: Check out https://www.afrika-kommt.de/ and fill in the application in English.
- Action 4: Send your application PRIOR TO 11.012019, 23.59 h CET– applications sent after this date can not be thought about.
Application sent– what takes place next?
- You will be notified within approx. 8-12 weeks after the main end of the application duration, if your application has actually achieved success. If so, you will get an invite to a 2-days evaluation center in Nairobi, Kenya, which will happen from 01.042019– 18.042019
- The evaluation center consists of a variety of jobs, group activities and discussions and works as a basis for the decision. The outcomes of the evaluation center will be interacted in May and June 2019– effective prospects will then get the invite to Germany for one year!
For Additional Information: