Due Date: March 6, 2019
Applications are open for the The British Academy Worldwide Professorships2019 The objective of the program is to make it possible for first-rate internationally-recognised recognized scholars to enhance their specific research study objectives while enhancing the UK research study base and advancing the research study objectives and methods of their UK host organizations.
This program supplies mid-career to senior scholars– active in any discipline within the social sciences and the liberal arts and based in any nation overseas– with the chance to transfer for a duration of 4 years to the UK and make a contribution to UK research study and college.
Each four-year consultation is planned to be a total job in itself and is anticipated to include a particular research study focus, although the British Academy does not have a favored design for the balance of time to be invested in between research study and mentor (which might differ throughout the award and will depend upon the UK host organization’s requirements).
Worth and period
- Awards are for a duration of 4 years.
- The British Academy will supply financing of approximately ₤187,500 per year, and approximately ₤750,00 0 over 4 years.
- The host UK organization will be anticipated to contribute ₤37,500 per year (20% of the Academy’s yearly contribution) to assist support the candidate’s income in each of the 4 years.
Candidates need to:
- Be a first-rate internationally-recognised mid-career to senior scientists who are presently used outside the UK, on a long-term agreement (which might be part-time or full-time) or, if short-lived, would usually be on an agreement that will not end throughout the course of the grant unless specifically concurred with the Academy prior to the application being sent that such an application would be thought about qualified, in any field of the liberal arts or the social sciences.
- Hold a postgraduate degree (or have comparable research study experience).
- Be offered to use up an overdue leave of lack, a long-lasting secondment or work at a qualified UK host organization. Qualified organizations consist of however are not restricted to the British International Research Study Institutes.
- Awards are just offered to people, to be kept in an institutional context. Co-applicants are not allowed.
- Awards will not be made retrospectively: this suggests that the work for which assistance is asked for need to not have actually begun prior to the award is revealed.
- Awards need to be used up in between 1 August 2019– 1 February 2020.
Applications need to be sent online utilizing the British Academy’s grants application system, Flexi-Grant.
- Application, referral, supporting declaration and UK host organization application approval due date: 1700(UK time) on Wednesday, 6 March 2019
Click on this link to use
To find out more, check out The British Academy