Application Due Date: December 9, 2018.
TheCarnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP) Fall 2018 competitors will open on October 1 and will close on December 9, 2018. The CADFP is constantly accepting applications for the scholar lineup.
CADFP exhibits CCNY’s sustaining dedication to college in Africa. IIE handles and administers the program, consisting of applications, task demands and fellowships. USIU-Africa supplies tactical instructions through the Advisory Council.
The Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP) is a fellowship program for African organizations in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda to host an African-born scholar to operate in jobs in research study cooperation, college student teaching/mentoring and curriculum co-development.
- Scholars should have been born in Africa, reside in the United States or Canada and operate in a certified college or university in either of those 2 nations. To be put on a lineup of readily available prospects, scholars likewise have to hold a terminal degree in their field and can hold any scholastic rank.
- University personnel, research study partners and postdocs are not qualified. Scholars send quick individual declarations and details on their scholastic credentials, disciplinary proficiency and administrative experience.
- A letter of referral from an administrator at the scholar’s existing college or university with the position of dean or greater is needed. Prospects matched with a task get a fellowship, to take part in an instructional task at an African organization for one go to in between 21 and 90 days.
For the fellowship, the African Diaspora Fellow will get
- a $200/ day stipend
- visa expenses
- minimal medical insurance protection
- round-trip global flight and ground transport expenses to and from house and the United States or Canadian airport.
- Quality of proposed task
- Proof of shared advantage for host organization and scholar in proposed task
- Suitability of time proposed for task go to
- Fit and quality of proposed scholar match
- Prospective for effect
- Host organization expense share
Send details to reveal interest in taking part in the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship
Program (CADFP). Details will be preserved in a lineup of readily available prospects.
Parts of the Scholar Lineup Application
Part I: Scholar Photo to highlight your experience and Individual Declarations
Part II: Letter of Referral
Part III: Your curriculum vitae and information page of your passport
Standards for Each Part of the Scholar Lineup Application
Part I: Scholar Photo and Personal Statements
a. Quick summary of crucial highlights from your experience. The program will utilize this information to browse applications by discipline, expertises and other appropriate aspects.
- Biographical Details
- Work History (last 3 years just
o Discipline– From the fall list of disciplines, choose the most appropriate one for your experience. Select “Interdisciplinary Researches” for expertises that do not fit nicely within one discipline.
o Subfields/Areas of Proficiency– Go into crucial words to explain your expertises, in order to increase the searchability of your profile.
- Academic Qualifications– a terminal degree is needed. Just list terminal degree( s)
- Mentor Experience– 5 sample courses taught in order to exhibit your locations of proficiency
- Discussions Offered at Conferences and Workshops– 5 samples with discussion title, conference name and date.
- Management Functions and Consultancies in your scholastic profession, specifically any functions dealing with curriculum advancement and/or the mentoring and encouraging of college students
- Awards, Grants, Fellowships and Consultations
For More Details: