Application Due Date: October 31 st 2018
Do you wish to increase youth representation and impact in advancement choices in your neighborhood? Do you wish to create and utilize information to enhance responsibility for regional advancement? Do you have a fantastic concept, however require a little additional assistance to understand its complete capacity?
The Goalkeepers Youth Action Accelerator is a 12- month pilot task that will engage and support as much as 30 youth supporters utilizing information to enhance regional advancement associated to hardship, appetite, health and wellness, education, gender equality and water and sanitation (International Objectives 1-6). These youth supporters will have access to a suite of financing and technical capability advancement assistance, valued at as much as $30,000 Individuals will likewise have access to regional and worldwide networking chances to amass exposure and mobilise funds for their efforts.
International Objectives 1-6— regional advancement difficulties connected to hardship, appetite, health and wellness, education, gender equality and water and sanitation.
You’re an perfect prospect if you:
- Are an experienced social activist, scientist, advocate, technologist, researcher or modification representative.
- Are dedicated and all set to advance and speed up the development of an effective concept now and in the longer-term.
- Are enthusiastic about fixing regional advancement problems, no matter what it takes
You (the candidate) must meet the following requirements:
- You are a young adult (age 18-35 since 1 January2019) or represent a youth-led organisation.
- You or your organisation are associated with among the following partners:.
- Action for Sustainable Advancement
- Expense & Melinda Gates Structure
- Goalkeepers Neighborhood
- George W. Bush Institute
- Obama Structure
- Uneasy Advancement
- * If you’re not associated with any of these organisations, you can sign-up to end up being a CIVICUS member here
You operate in your neighborhood to improve regional advancement in Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Middle East (with top priority provided to Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia).
- You have the ability to commit as much as 50% of your time to Accelerator-related activities from January to December 2019, consisting of a 5-day workshop in Arusha, Tanzania, from 21-25 January 2019, and twice-monthly online calls.
- You have the capability to provide on your proposed idea/plan.
- You can share your knowledge and understanding with other individuals, and bring knowings or synergies back to your organisation/community.
- If you are using as an organisation, you need to show positioning in between your organisation objective and the effort.
- If you are using as an organisation, the governance structure of your organisation need to authorize your application.
Effective candidates (who end up being Accelerator individuals) will have access to a suite of technical assistance, networks and coaches in addition to financing, items and services valued at as much as $30,000 In addition to helping with connections with CIVICUS members and partners nationally and sub-nationally, Accelerator individuals will have the chance to participate in worldwide networking chances to develop international uniformity and additional produce exposure and mobilise funds around their efforts.
In-depth offerings consist of:
- Hands-on assistance to fine-tune and settle your task proposition into an extensive application strategy
- Customized training and resources to assist you develop the abilities had to execute your effort
- Continuous, routine assistance with Accelerator task application, consisting of assistance with determining citizen-based information collection and analysis with a coach/ technical consultant
- Becoming part of an active neighborhood of youth and non-youth organisations dealing with citizen-driven information sourcing and responsibility methods and information analysis and storytelling concentrated on peer-to-peer knowing and issue fixing
- Promo of your work to a worldwide audience by means of case research studies, post and finding out resources
- Applications open: 26 September 2018
- Applications close: 31 October 2018
- Finalists revealed: 30 November 2018
- Virtual orientation (necessary): December 2018
- Workshop in Arusha, Tanzania (necessary): 21-25 January 2019
For Additional Information: