Application Due Date: March 1st 2019
The FAO Fellows Program is developed to draw in fellows, generally PhD trainees, scientists and teachers, who have a sophisticated level of appropriate technical understanding and experience in any field of the Company. They want to satisfy their specialized discovering goals and at the very same time, contribute their technical proficiency and understanding through time-bound plans with FAO. Tasks must remain in line with FAO Strategic Goals and UN Sustainable Advancement Goals.
The Food and Farming Company of the United Nations (FAO) leads worldwide efforts to beat appetite and to support advancement in member nations in the locations of farming, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s required is to raise levels of nutrition, enhance farming efficiency, much better the lives of rural populations and add to the development of the world economy.
The fellow will report to an appointed manager.
The fellow will be appointed to various fields of work according to his/her profile and to the requirements of the Company.
Jobs and obligations
The fellow will carry out the functions defined in the Regards to Recommendation (TOR), prepared by the working with workplace prior to the start of the task and concurred by the fellow.
PROSPECTS WILL BE ASSESSED VERSUS THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be registered in a PhD program.
Working understanding of a minimum of one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Understanding of a 2nd FAO language will be thought about a property.
- Just language efficiency certificates from UN recognized external service providers and/or FAO language authorities assessments (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as evidence of the level of understanding of languages showed in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Age: no age limitations.
- Prospects must have the ability to adjust to a global multicultural environment and have great interaction abilities.
- Prospects with relative (specified as bro, sis, mom, dad, child) utilized by FAO under any kind of legal plan are not be qualified for the Fellows Program.
- Prospects must have suitable home or migration status in the nation of task.
FAO Core Proficiencies
- Outcomes Focus
- Team Effort
- Structure Efficient Relationships
- Understanding Sharing and Constant Enhancement
- Appropriate working or research study experience in among the fields of the Organization.Selection Criteria
- Prospects might be appointed in a field appropriate to the objective and work of FAO.
To Find Out More: