Application Due Date: August 31 st 2019
The FAO Routine Volunteer Program offers chances for people to contribute their volunteer actions, where ideal, to support the work of FAO in connection to FAO Strategic Goals and UN Sustainable Advancement Goals The Program proactively and tactically sets in motion broad-based volunteer services of people of the Member States, specifically from the worldwide south, to add to end appetite, poor nutrition and food insecurity.
The Food and Farming Company of the United Nations (FAO) leads global efforts to beat appetite and to support advancement in member nations in the locations of farming, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s required is to raise levels of nutrition, enhance farming efficiency, much better the lives of rural populations and add to the development of the world economy.
Reporting Lines The volunteer will report to a designated manager.
Technical Focus The volunteer might be designated in a field appropriate to the objective and work of FAO.
Jobs and obligations The volunteer will carry out the functions defined in the Regards to Recommendation (TOR) prepared by the employing workplace prior to the start of the task and concurred by the volunteer.
PROSPECTS WILL BE ASSESSED VERSUS THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Should have finished secondary school education.
- Working understanding of a minimum of one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Understanding of a 2nd FAO language will be thought about a possession. Just language efficiency certificates from UN certified external suppliers and/or FAO language authorities evaluations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as evidence of the level of understanding of languages suggested in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Prospects should be aged 18 or older.
- Prospects must have the ability to adjust to a global multicultural environment, have excellent interaction abilities and be educated in using fundamental computer system programs.
- Prospects with member of the family (specified as bro, sibling, mom, dad, daughter or son) utilized by FAO under any kind of legal plan are not be qualified for the Volunteer Program.
- Prospects must have proper home or migration status in the nation of task.
FAO Core Competencies
- Outcomes Focus
- Team Effort
- Structure Efficient Relationships
- Understanding Sharing and Constant Enhancement
Technical/Functional Abilities Appropriate working or research study experience in among the fields of the Company. Choice Requirements Prospects might be designated in a field appropriate to the objective and work of FAO.
Details to candidates
Certified female candidates and certified nationals of non- and under-represented member countries along with prospects from the worldwide south and Native Peoples are motivated to use. Prospects are asked for to connect to their application a letter of inspiration, copy of their scholastic credentials and copy of their language efficiency certificates. All applications will be evaluated and just certified candidates will be straight gotten in touch with for interviews by the employing workplace. FAO does not offer any reimbursement to volunteers.
HOW TO APPLY
To use, go to the recruitment site Jobs at FAO at FAO and finish your online profile. Insufficient applications will not be thought about. Just applications got the recruitment website will be thought about.
Jobs will be eliminated from the recruitment website at 23: 59 Main European Time (CET) on the due date for applications date. We motivate candidates to send the application well prior to the deadline date.
If you require assistance, or have questions, please contact: [email protected]
For Additional Information: