Application Due Date: April 30 th 2019
The Franklin Institute looks for elections for the2020 Bower Award and Reward for Accomplishment in Science of people who have actually made substantial contributions to the advancement of neural networks for artificial intelligence– hardware or software application systems created as networks of synthetic nerve cells that can be offered raw information and trained to immediately find abstract functions that pertain to detection, category, or translation, leading to preferred outputs. Inputs might consist of text (device translation), audio (speech acknowledgment), or images (face acknowledgment, scene understanding, picture sorting, image synthesis).
Outputs might consist of categorical labels, structured outputs, or actuator commands. Such synthetic neural networks have actually yielded efficient methods to fixing a broad spectrum of difficult useful issues resistant to service utilizing earlier algorithmic artificial intelligence methods.
Elections are motivated in, however not restricted to, the following subtopics:
- Network architectures: layered, persistent, self-organizing, convolutional, long short-term memory, automobile encoders, deep networks.
- Training or finding out techniques: cooperative, competitive, back.
proliferation of mistakes, monitored, without supervision, support, adaptive.
resonance, generative adversarial.
- Network application: analog, digital, stochastic, energy-efficient, hardware-accelerated.
- Broad applications: speech acknowledgment, language translation, face.
acknowledgment, scene understanding, picture sorting, checking out print or.
handwriting, medical image medical diagnosis, self-governing lorries, drug shipment.
style, concern answering, web searches, video game playing.
Elections ought to plainly show the clinical.
effect– ingenious, technical, and/or conceptual– and, when relevant,.
the social effect of the candidate’s work.
- This is a global competitors for people who have actually made.
substantial contributions to neural networks for artificial intelligence..
- This award and reward need to exist to a specific, as defined by the will of Henry Bower.
- Prospects need to be living, and the winner should take part in The.
Franklin Institute Awards Week programs, to be kept in April 2020 in.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A..
- Elections from any specific or company will be accepted, consisting of self-nominations.
- An e-mail of intent to choose would be valued by April 30,2019
An e-mail of intent to choose gotten by April 30, 2019 would be valued.
Elections need to be sent in English and should consist of:
- Call and get in touch with details of candidate.
- Call and get in touch with details of nominator.
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae and bibliography of substantial and appropriate publications.
- Proposed citation of 50 words or less, highlighting the accomplishment( s) for which the prospect is chosen.
- Narrative declaration explaining the candidate’s credentials for the award.
- 4 personal letters of assistance asked for by the nominator, sent out straight to The Franklin Institute Awards Workplace.
- Due date for finished elections is May 31, 2019
All elections and supporting letters ought to be sent by mail or emailed to:
Director, The Franklin Institute Awards
The Franklin Institute
222 North 20 th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194