Application Due Date: April 30 2019
the-fulbright-foreign-language-teaching-assistant-flta-program-2019-2020 welcomes applications from certified Nigerians wanting to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American trainees in U.S. universities and colleges.
The Foreign Language Mentor Assistant (FLTA) program is a 9 month non-degree course moneyed by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education. The goal of the program is to enhance foreign language guideline at U.S. colleges, universities, and some high schools, while supplying future instructors from abroad the chance to fine-tune their abilities, increase their English language efficiency, and broaden their understanding of U.S. society and culture. FLTA fellows need to go back to their house nations upon conclusion of their programs to teach English at the secondary or university level.
All applications need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Applications need to be finished and sent online.
- Candidates must ask for that the scholastic workplace of their.
organization send out a stamped copy of their records in a sealed.
envelope to: The general public Affairs Area, U.S. Embassy, Plot1075
Diplomatic Drive, Central Location, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs.
- Other files to be sent consist of scholastic qualifications, signed.
and stamped letters of referral, and the picture page of a legitimate.
- The application can be accessed at: http://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta
- Candidates need to be instructors of English or in training to end up being instructors of English.
- Candidates need to have a university degree in English, Language Arts, or integrated honors.
- Candidates need to be proficient in English, shown by a TOEFL rating.
of 79-80(Web based screening) or 6.0 (total rating International.
English Language Evaluating System-IELTS).
- Candidates need to be in between 21 and 29 years of ages at the time of application.
- Candidates need to show maturity, reliability, stability and professionalism.
- Candidates need to be physically present in their house nation throughout the election and choice procedure.
For additional questions, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant,.
U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Location, Abuja: e-mail: CulturalAbuja@state.gov or U.S. Consulate General, # 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos;-LRB- ***********).
To Find Out More: