Application Due Date: November 30 2018.
The ICT4D Conference Organizing Committee is working to accomplish higher openness and variety at all levels of conference management.
Speakers for conference track sessions are chosen on a competitive basis by the ICT4D Conference group and its partners
We will utilize the details you offer in the application to assist us evaluate and choose discussions. We require to gather contact information and other details from you in order to process your application, notify you of the outcomes and keep you upgraded with crucial logistical information connected to involvement in the ICT4D Conference. We will likewise ask you if you want to opt-in to get additional updates and advancements connected to the ICT4D Conference and other occasions. You might unsubscribe from this at any time.
We especially welcome applications from ladies, youth and individuals with specials needs.
- Digital Financial Addition
- Digital Variety: Gender and Impairment Addition
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Health and Nutrition
- Humanitarian Action and Strength
- Digital Advancement in Uganda
- Supply Chain
- Water Security (WASH, Water Resource Management)
- Youth Engagement
You will be offered a chance to pick a very first and 2nd style choice throughout the application procedure. Submissions will be filtered based upon these reactions and sent out to the accountable ICT4D Conference Committee for evaluation.
Conference track session formats will consist of:
40 minute case research studies, discussions or speeches (consisting of 10 minutes for Q&A)
10 minute Presentation Phase discussions
40 minute panel conversations set up by the ICT4D Conference Committee
Roundtable conversations set up by the ICT4D Conference Committee
Speakers are chosen with referral to the following requirements:
- Extraordinary development in ICT4D
- Reliability and experience of the speaker and/or company
- Clearness of the sent abstract
- Importance of abstract to conference styles
- Proven outcomes and effect of the program/project
- Level to which the program/project is replicable and scalable
- Variety of speaker or program recipient: this consists of however is not restricted to gender, age, citizenship, previous involvement as a speaker, area where speaker is based
A restricted variety of scholarship awards are offered to candidates to speak. These awards are mainly open up to candidates from Regional NGOs, NFPs or social business or companies headquartered in worldwide south areas as specified by the World Bank. Awards are made by the ICT4D Conference Scholarship Committee and are based upon requirements consisting of a presentation of quality in ICT4D and financial requirement. You might choose to get a scholarship in your application to speak. We especially motivate candidates in the youth classification to use. You will be asked to compose a brief essay detailing why you need a scholarship. Closing date for scholarship applications is November 30 2018.
- All abstracts sent by the due date will be thought about. Those gotten after the due date might be thought about however will be put on a waiting list.
- Applicants will be informed from mid December 2018 if their submission has actually been chosen.
- You might likewise choose to be thought about as a panellist in a session set up by the ICT4D Conference Committee if your submission is declined in the very first circumstances.
- All those used presentation/demonstration stage/panel slots need to verify approval by the released due date in January by paying the registration costs Speaker discount rate is 20% less than the suitable basic rate for your area.
- If need for speaking chances surpasses schedule we might restrict variety of speaking chances offered for people or companies to assist guarantee a broad and varied representation and protection of subjects, concerns and point of views.
- Speakers are accountable for their own travel, lodging and conference costs. Please likewise guarantee you get a Ugandan entry visa if suitable.
- April 19, 2019– online submission due date for discussion and associated products to conference program website. Please utilize an available discussion format.
- We might make small modifications for design and ease of access functions.
Crucial location and A/V details
- All meeting room will be geared up with display screen, laptop computer, and cordless web connection. PA devices will be offered in bigger spaces
- Speakers are accountable for arrangement of all peripheral devices consisting of adaptors, convertors and cable television adapters for usage with any extra devices in Uganda
- Please guarantee you publish your discussion onto our site by April 19 2019 and bring a back up copy for your usage throughout the discussion on a USB
To Find Out More: