Application Due Date: April 1, 2019.
The Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) is the only international program that sets up and funds fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at partnering college organizations worldwide. These year-long fellowships support short-term scholastic positions at organizations of greater finding out throughout the world where IIE-SRF fellows can continue their operate in security. In many cases, IIE-SRF fellows are qualified to obtain a 2nd and last year of fellowship assistance.
Considering That 2002 IIE-SRF has actually gotten more than 3,000 ask for.
help from scholars in over 100 nations. We have actually granted IIE-SRF.
fellowships to 793 scholars from 59 nations, positioning them at almost.
400 host partner organizations in 44 nations around the globe.
Professors, senior scientists, and public intellectuals from any.
nation, scholastic field, or discipline might certify. Applications are.
evaluated for scholastic credentials, the quality/potential of the.
candidate’s work, and the intensity of the dangers that the candidate.
faces. Choice is provided to scholars who:
- are dealing with or have actually just recently left from instant, serious, and targeted dangers to their lives and/or professions in their house nations or nations of house;-LRB- *****************).
- hold a Ph.D. or greatest degree in their field and/or who have comprehensive mentor or research study experience at a university, college, or other organization of greater finding out;-LRB- *****************).
- show remarkable scholastic achievement and guarantee;-LRB- *****************).
- will benefit their house and/or host scholastic neighborhoods.
might use straight or might have a 3rd party send application.
products on their behalf. The needed application products consist of:
- Application coversheet
- Existing CV or resume. Please consist of the following details:.
- Academic degrees (degree-granting organization, field, and date of degree award);-LRB- *****************).
- Existing position (area, dates of work, expert title, and obligations);-LRB- *****************).
- Previous scholastic positions (in sequential order, consisting of.
area, dates of work, expert title, and.
- A breakdown of your scholastic publications (journal posts,.
books, chapters, exhibits) consisting of complete citations with the name of.
publication, title of work, date of publication, and page numbers, if.
- Other pertinent scholastic work (consisting of guidance of master’s and.
Ph.D. theses, conference discussions, grants/ honors/ awards,.
- Academic declaration. Please supply an extensive declaration detailing.
your scholastic and expert background and experience, consisting of a.
comprehensive description of your scholastic research study interests. Please make certain.
to consist of a description of the activities that you have actually carried out in.
your scholastic positions along with a description of the activities.
( research study, mentor, publishing, and so on) you would carry out throughout a.
fellowship. Please note that scholastic declarations are usually a minimum.
of one page.
- Individual declaration. Please supply an extensive declaration describing.
why you are using to IIE-SRF for assistance. Consist of a clear and.
comprehensive account of the dangers or threats that you have actually been dealing with, and.
the factors that you can not continue your operate in your house nation at.
this time. Please note that individual declarations are usually a minimum.
of one page.
- 2 (2) scholastic/ expert letters of recommendation from scholastic.
and/or expert associates who can talk to your research study,.
publications, mentor, or other sophisticated scholastic experience. When.
suitable, letters must explain your special know-how and/or.
contributions to particular intellectual problems/ concerns.
- 2 (2) individual letters of recommendation from associates or individuals who.
understand the problems that you have actually been dealing with along with your.
[IIE-SRF requires a minimum of three (3)
reference letters. (Four are generally recommended.) Letters from
colleagues both inside and outside of your home country are preferred.
Please note that IIE-SRF requires original reference letters. Letters
should not use identical text. Each referee should speak to his/her
particular knowledge of your academic background and/or circumstances.
When possible, please have your referees compose their letters on
official letterhead and send them to IIE-SRF directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.]
- A copy of your Ph.D. or greater degree
- Samples of your most existing writing or research study publications.
- A letter from a recognized organization of greater knowing that might have the ability to host your fellowship. This is not a requirement.
To Learn More: