Application Due Date: September 30 th 2019
The Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) is the only worldwide program that sets up and funds fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at partnering college organizations worldwide. These year-long fellowships of $25,000 USD assistance short-lived scholastic positions at organizations of greater finding out throughout the world where IIE-SRF fellows can continue their operate in security. In many cases, IIE-SRF fellows are qualified to look for a 2nd and last year of fellowship assistance.
IIE-SRF accepts applications from teachers, scientists,.
and public intellectuals who deal with dangers and can not continue their work.
in their house nations. Scholars from any nation and in any.
scholastic field or discipline might certify. Candidates are evaluated based.
on scholastic credentials and experience, the quality and/or capacity.
of their work, and the seriousness of the dangers that they deal with.
Choice is provided to scholars who:
- hold a Ph.D. or greatest degree in their field and have substantial mentor and/or research study experience at a university, college, or other organization of greater finding out;-LRB- **************).
- have a recognized record of released research study;-LRB- **************).
- show exceptional scholastic achievement or pledge;-LRB- **************).
- are dealing with or have actually just recently gotten away from instant, targeted dangers to their lives and/or professions in their house nations or nations of house;-LRB- **************).
- will benefit their house and/or host scholastic neighborhoods.
The IIE-SRF fellowship award consists of a grant of as much as US$25,000, in addition to specific medical insurance, to support a checking out scholastic consultation of as much as one year (sustainable for a 2nd year). The last fellowship quantity depends on a number of aspects, consisting of the area of the host organization, the expense of living, and the worth of any extra contributions from the host organization of other source( s).
IIE-SRF generally needs that the hosting organization supply financial backing that amounts to or higher than the IIE-SRF fellowship award. This assistance usually takes the type of a stipend or other direct financing for the checking out fellow such as real estate, airline tickets, and meal programs. In-kind contributions– workplace, computer systems, language, or other training costs, and so on– are motivated for a total fellow assistance plan however do not certify as part of the matching contribution.
In host nations where the expense of living is lower and the financing requirement is expensive, IIE-SRF might think about on a case-by-case basis a waiver of the complete host financing requirement.
For More Details: