Application Due Date: June 30 th 2019
The World Bank is partnering with 8 Federal governments in Eastern and Southern Africa in an ingenious job with the objective of enhancing the quality of training and research study in college, and lowering the ability spaces in crucial advancement concern locations.
The Eastern and Southern Africa College Centers of Quality (ACE II) Task supports the federal governments of Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia in enhancing chosen African Centers of Quality (ACEs) to provide quality post-graduate education and construct collective research study capability in the following concern locations:
( i) Market, (ii) Farming, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Stats. The ACE II Task executes 3 elements, specifically (i) enhancing the 24 college organizations into local ACEs in Eastern and Southern Africa in a set of specified local concern locations (US$ 140 million); (ii) supplying capability structure assistance to these ACEs through local activities (US$ 3 million); and (iii) supporting coordination and management of the application of elements (i) and (ii) (US$ 5 million).
As Regional Assistance System (RFU) for the ACE II Task, the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) leads the application of crucial elements of Part 2 of the job, targeted at constructing strong and sustainable local collaborations and partnerships to produce skilled Masters and PhD holders for the local market and enhance quality of mentor in college, and the quality of production and services in public and economic sectors.
To motivate the involvement of young African female trainees at postgraduate level, IUCEA wants to carry out a Fellowship Program targeted at supplying competitive Masters Scholarships to academically deserving future skills to promote local female trainee movement. Qualified female candidates who can show interest and capability in the concern locations are motivated to request the 30 Fellowships readily available for the 2019/2020 scholastic year.
In order to be qualified.
for this Fellowship, the candidate needs to:
- be a female nationwide of among ACE II taking part nations (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi
- be under the age of thirty 5 (35) years
- be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a trustworthy university in the pertinent field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours
- have actually gotten admission from an ACE outside one’s own nation of existing citizenship to study full-time in any of the concern disciplines of the ACE II Task: (i) STEM (Science, Innovation, Engineering and Mathematics) or Market, (ii) Farming, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Stats; and
- have actually shown exceptional scholastic accomplishment as evidenced by scholastic records, and scholastic awards, if any.
THE FELLOWSHIP AWARD
supplied financial backing for each Fellowship Program will cover:
- University tuition charges: Around USD 3,00 0.
each year (payable straight to the Host University according to an authorities.
- Stipend: USD 800 monthly to.
assistance living expenditures such as real estate, food, energies, regional transport,.
medication and settlement expenditures
- Research Study: USD 4,800 to support.
trainee research study, payable upon approval of research study proposition
- Allowance: USD 2,00 0 one-off.
allowance to cover visa, laptop computer and books
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy.
fare for the most direct path in between the recipient’s house nation and the.
research study location of Host University
Prospects should finish all scholastic.
work within 24 months and the scholarship will not be extended beyond this.
PROCEDURE AND TREATMENTS
To request this Fellowship,.
interested prospects are recommended to fill out the application discovered at ace2.iucea.org
all asked for files, and send out by email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
applications should be gotten not behind 5.00 PM East African Time on June30
2019 For evidence of eligibility, a candidate must make sure that the.
following is supplied:
- Finished application;-LRB- ***************).
- Current passport-size photo;-LRB- ***************).
- Summed up CV with names and contacts of 2 referees;-LRB- ***************).
- Licensed copies of scholastic certificates and records;-LRB- ***************).
- Licensed copies of passport or nationwide identity card suggesting citizenship;
- Copy of admission letter from among the host universities (please describe the connected table on Nations, ACEs and Universities); and
- 2 (2) referral letters with contact information.
To Learn More: