Application Due Date: 6 December 2019
The International Committee of the Red Cross is happy to arrange for the 3rd time a composing competitors in Arabic to engage the Arabic speaking scholars on pertinent IHL conversations and to supply a scholastic platform for legal arguments.
The short article must be composed in Arabic.
Arabic speaking States
I. Preparation of Manuscripts
must be sent in Word format in 12 pt Times New Roman typeface with.
1.5 line spacing (consisting of for the footnotes).
- Length: Manuscripts sent must be roughly 10,000 words, footnotes consisted of.
All manuscripts must be accompanied by a brief abstract (less than.
100 words) summing up the primary content/argument of the short article.
- Keywords: A couple of keywords must be recognized for simple web search and referencing
All manuscripts must be accompanied by a brief bio (a couple of.
sentences per author) explaining the existing function/affiliation of the.
- Highlighting: No highlighting (strong,.
italics, highlighted) must be utilized within the text body, other than for.
italics for foreign language terms: e.g. a limine. Foreign companies.
must not be embeded in italics.
- Headings: Please do not utilize more than 3 various levels of headings:
Title Level 1
Title Level 2
Title Level 3
II. Web Referrals:
For recommendations offered on the web please suggest “offered at:” followed by the complete site link.
The very first web referral must suggest the date of the last check out for all subsequent recommendations.
Example: …, offered at: www.icrc.org/eng/resources/international-review/index.jsp(all web recommendations were accessed in March 2014).
III. The editorial essentials
- Guidelines of punctuation typical in the majority of the Arabic nations need to be appreciated.
- Dates: Utilize the following design: 1 February 1989.
We utilize Arabic numbers not Hindi. Characters listed below 100 must be spelt.
out, other than for ages, which must constantly been given up digits.
The ICRC has the honor to use 3 levels of awards:
Top place winner will get a certificate and 1500 USD. In.
addition, the short article will be thought about for publication by the ICRC.
- The 2nd location winner will get Certificate and 1000 USD
- The 3rd location winner will get Certificate and 750 USD
You are asked for to send your short article to [email protected] prior to 6 December 2019
To Learn More: