Application Deadline: March 31st 2021
The third annual Land Accelerator will be held via virtual meetings and mentorship beginning in mid-2021 and is open to entrepreneurs from across Africa.
In 2018, World Resources Institute (WRI) launched the Land Accelerator Africa, the world’s first training and mentorship program targeted specifically toward businesses that restore degraded forests, farmland, and pasture.
To support the AFR100 Initiative’s goal of restoring 100 million hectares of land by 2030, the Land Accelerator provides entrepreneurs across Africa with mentorship and networking opportunities, technical training, and workshops to build up their storytelling and pitching skills.
Participants leave the program more empowered to connect with potential investors so that they can take their business to the next stage of growth. The program has attracted nearly 700 applicants in Africa, and its alumni report that they have created 2,200 jobs, worked with 56,000 farmers, restored 38,000 hectares, and grown X million trees
- Top 100 companies will join us for exclusive weekly training and feedback on their progress
- $5,000USD Innovation Grants and a pitch during a pan-Africa Demo Day will be awarded to the top 10 companies who participate and grow with us
In 2021, WRI and our partners at Fledge and AFR100 are taking a novel approach to the Land Accelerator Africa. This year, we are expanding the size of our cohort to the Top 100 entrepreneurs from across the continent to join us for an all-virtual business accelerator. Restoration entrepreneurs were invited to apply from all Sub-Saharan African countries, free of charge.
The Top 100 will benefit from:
- 3 months of exclusive weekly trainings from experts
- 3 months of access to Fledge’s online lessons for start-ups
- Templates to create content to help your business thrive
- Weekly office hours with mentors who will lend their expertise
- Weekly networking sessions to speak with and learn from other entrepreneurs in your cohort
The Top 100 entrepreneurs have the opportunity to apply for a Land Accelerator investment pack, which an expert panel awards to the Top 10 entrepreneurs.
Recipients of the investment packs benefit from:
- A $5,000 innovation grant
- A coaching meeting with a Land Accelerator organizer to develop your investment and innovation grant plan
- A 90-minute group session with members of the Land Accelerator mentor network, who will provide tailored feedback
- The opportunity to present your 3-minute business pitch at the virtual Land Accelerator Demo Day, an event that brings together the Top 10 and business and social investors from across the continent.
For complete details on the 2021 program and tips on how to apply, please see our program announcement.
For More Information: