Software Deadline: July 31st 2019.
The L’Oréal UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Girls in Science purpose at selling the participation of younger girls in science. This program determines and rewards younger gifted feminine researchers within the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Bodily S ciences (physics, chemistry,arithmetic, engineering, data sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Based in 2007, the L’Oréal UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships purpose to tell apart younger
girls researchers for the standard of their works and to encourage them to pursue an excellent profession in science. The L’Oréal UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Girls in Science 2019 are set to be awarded to five younger girls scientists from four completely different international locations of the Maghreb: Algeria,Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia.
The Maghreb Fellowships Programme is established inside the framework of a partnership between the Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
Eligible for the fellowship candidates who’re:
• Making use of for a PhD or put up doctoral research.
• Not working p ermanently in 2019.
• Engaged on a PhD or having obtained it and prepared to pursue analysis in one in all
the fields cited in paragraph 1.
• Working in one of many four international locations listed in paragraph 1.
• Max 35 12 months previous on the time limit of the decision for software s (31 July 2019).
The Fellows will have interaction to:
• Proceed their analysis work for which the L’Oréal UNESCO Maghreb Fellowship
For Girls in and Science has been obtained
• Write a report on the analysis, topic of the fellowship, to be given to L’Oréal
Maroc and to UNESCO in t he following 2 years after the awarding of the
f ellowship (optionally available).
• Write a report on using the grant, to be submitted to L’Oréal Maroc and
UNESCO within the 2 years following the award of the fellowship (optionally available).
• Take an energetic half in L’Oréal’s a nd/or UNESCO’s devoted programmes associated
to gender and sciences, geared toward selling girls’s social function and recognition in society typically, and girls’s involvement in scientific profession and trainings in
• Attend the Maghreb Fellowships award ing ceremony to be held in Morocco, in
• Participation within the ceremony is required. The price of touring and
lodging* for Fellows non residents in Morocco can be offered by
As established by the regional jury, the choice standards are the next:
• The excellence of the applicant’s educational portfolio (together with quantity, high quality
and impression of their publications, convention presentat ions, patents …).
• The scientific high quality of the analysis mission.
• The revolutionary and promising character of the analysis work (related, unique,
distinctive …) and its implementation in science.
• The socio financial impression of the mission/ analysis.
• The candidate ’s skilled expertise
Purposes can solely be submitted by the net platform: www.fwis.fr by the
candidates themselves. An software is taken into account full when it consists of all the next paperwork, in English or in French:
• An in depth resume (Curriculum Vitae) crammed immediately within the web site www.fwis.fr.
• Copies of diplomas obtained ranging from the BS.
• A duplicate of an official transcript of undergra duate and graduate research.
• An in depth summary / description of the analysis mission of most 2 pages.
• Different analysis tasks in progress.
• A instructed mission of the grant’s use, together with a draft price range.
• The listing of publications and patents.
• Advice letters from supervisor(s) and/or director of the scientific
institute or college the place the thesis has been carried out.
• Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for put up doctoral research.
• Name for functions: from April 24 to July 31 2019.
• Deadline for Purposes: July 31 2019.
• Analysis of the functions and choice: August 1 st to September 30.
• Awards ceremony: November 2019.
For Extra Info: