Application Due Date: November 16 th 2018
Training Duration: 7th February– 7th July 2019 (5 months)
Area: Lisbon, Portugal
Department: Youth Cooperation Program
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe provides traineeships two times a year for a duration of 3 (minimum) to 5 (optimum) months. In 2018, the traineeship sessions will be as follows:
Very first session: in between January 2019– June 2019 (due date 16 November 2018)
2nd session: in between July 2019– December 2019 (Due Date: 30 April 2019)
Under the authority of the Executive Director and the guidance of the accountable individual for the Youth Co-operation Program, the student will add to the North South Centre’s Youth Cooperation Program by helping to the preparation, application and reporting of the various efforts and activities at a global level.
Functions of the traineeship (Post 2: Guideline No. 1345 of 23 April 2012 on traineeships and research study gos to in the Council of Europe Secretariat)
1. A traineeship makes it possible for the student to acquire a basic summary of the Organisation’s activities, goals and work.
2. A traineeship offers the student the chance to supplement the understanding obtained through his/her research studies or work and to put that understanding to useful usage.
3. A traineeship is planned to promote European combination, making it possible for the student to operate in a multicultural and multilingual environment where the worths of the Council of Europe are appreciated.
- The internship is unsettled, nevertheless, the North-South Centre ensures medical and mishap insurance coverage throughout the traineeship duration.
- Full-time position (7h45 minutes working hours daily) from Monday to Friday.
The Student is entitled of 2 days/month of leaves.
- Citizenship: be a resident of among the member states of the North-South Centre and/or the Council of Europe.
- Education: effective conclusion of a minimum of 3 years of university research studies;-LRB- *****************).
- Language: excellent understanding of the Council of Europe’s main languages: English and French.
a. Great writing abilities: capability to compose rundown documents, reports and other main files.
b. Capability to work utilizing the MS Workplace suite, with particular proficiency in Excel.
c. Capability to carry out thorough research study by means of web.
d. Experience in the youth-sector or in activities arranged by the North South Centre would be advantageous however is not vital.
- Assist in the preparation, application and follow-up of activities (conference, training courses and so on.)
- Assistance the production and translation of reports, publication and working files.
- Collect and integrate appropriate information and details.
- Add to upgrade the Youth Cooperation websites, the management of the social networks tools and to the general interaction method of the program.
- Take part in other activities associated with the irreversible procedures of the NSC in partnership with the NSC group.
- Assist in other jobs to be recognized by the manager and the student.
Main knowings results:
- Preparation and application of worldwide youth occasions.
- Preparation and application of youth capability structure programs.
- Internal treatments of a global company.
- Worldwide youth cooperation policies and practices.
- Methods of institutional interaction.
- Worldwide Education method and youth work.
- Worths and work of the Council of Europe, in specific the North-South Centre.
Proficiency’ structure of the traineeship:
- Intercultural level of sensitivity in a multicultural workplace
- Individual abilities such as assertiveness, individual performance and active listening
- Problem-solving and Group work
- Language and public speaking
- Preparation, job management and occasions’ organisation
- Reporting, composing abilities and institutional interaction
- Research study and analytical abilities
On conclusion of their traineeship, students get a certificate mentioning the period and the department in which it was performed.
How to use:
- Fill the online application (Note: the online kind is the exact same for all the NSC traineeship chances, to look for the youth program it needs to be picked the relative choice)
- Send Out the CV and Inspiration Letter at email@example.com
with the topic: SURNAMEName _ Youth
- Due date for application: 16 th November 2018.
- Just short-listed candidates will be informed for an interview.
To Find Out More: