Application Due Date: 23 November2018
The Open Society Effort for Southern Africa (OSISA), an African organization devoted to the development of open societies through assistance for democracy, human rights and excellent governance, welcomes applications for 8 postgraduate scholarships from Southern African ladies media leaders who want to study media management at Rhodes University’s Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Management in 2019.
Candidates ought to be from Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, the DRC, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, and Zimbabwe. Prospects from Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, the DRC and Lesotho will get concern in the choice of scholars for 2019.
Effective candidates will sign up for the SPI’s extensive, 1 year fulltime Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PDMM), the only official media management certification in Africa and the establishing world. Prospects should currently have a bachelor’s degree from an acknowledged university in order to pursue postgraduate research study. The OSISA scholarships cover:
The complete expense of tuition
- Lodging and meals in among Rhodes University’s homes
- All finding out products
- A modest month-to-month subsistence allowance
- Medical help
- Mid-year media management internship expenses.
Application information and treatments:
Just ladies prospects who are currently operating in the media market in the 10 Southern African nations of OSISA noted above are qualified to obtain these scholarships. Prospects ought to currently have a bachelor’s degree from an acknowledged university.
The application due date for these scholarships is 23 November 2018.
Trainees wanting to obtain these scholarships require to:
• Total Rhodes University’s basic External Honours Application, which is readily available at https://www.ru.ac.za/media/rhodesuniversity/content/registrar/documents/forms/2015%20 External%20 Hons%20 Applications.pdf), which should be sent straight to the Registrar’s Department at Rhodes University and a copy emailed to Sibonise Mbengashe ( firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Sol Plaatje Institute for Media Management. They should likewise finish the application for the PDMM, which is readily available at https://www.ru.ac.za/spi/studying/ and send it to both the Registrar’s Department and the SPI’s Sibonise Mbengashe ( email@example.com).
• Send an in-depth CV, consisting of e-mail and phone contact information. This is sent out to the SPI just.
• Submit licensed scholastic records of ALL tertiary certifications. These are sent out to both the SPI and Registrar’s Department at Rhodes University; and
• Submit to the SPI, through Sibonise, a 1,000- word letter of inspiration, which describes why the trainee has an interest in doing the PDMM, how the PDMM will help the trainee’s profession and why the trainee thinks she receives the OSISA scholarship.
Just short-listed prospects will be gotten in touch with after the applications close at twelve noon on 23 November2018
To Learn More: