Application Due date: continuous
The Open Society Internship for Rights and Governance is an international effort created to recognize, cultivate, and support the next generation of human rights specialists. Individuals are picked from amongst the ranks of graduate programs in public law and associated topics at a consortium of universities worldwide. Through their involvement in a two-week extensive Medical Workshop and a 8- or 12- week internship, beneficiaries and alumni form a network of devoted specialists unified by typical worths throughout a broad series of fields.
Applications will just be accepted from the following universities:
- American University of Beirut, Professors of Arts & Sciences
- Birzeit University Muwatin Institute for Democracy and Person Rights
- Harvard Kennedy School of Federal Government
- Makerere University, Master of Arts in Person Rights
- Makerere University School of Law
- School of Public Law at Central European University
- Sciences Po Paris School of International Affairs
- The University of Chicago, Harris School of Public Law
- University of the Andes Alberto Lleras Camargo School of Federal Government
- University of the Andes Masters in International Law
- The University of Hong Kong Professors of Law
- The University of Hong Kong Journalism and Media Researches Centre
- University of Toronto Munk School of Global Affairs
Function and Top Priorities
People devoted to advancing human rights, democratic governance and justice continuously face brand-new and unpredicted difficulties. Today, authoritarian and illiberal push-backs, established inequality, the build-up of power by global corporations beyond the reach of nationwide legislation, technological developments, along with other advancements, need us to not only concern typical presumptions, however likewise to recognize brand-new chances. To secure and advance human rights, democracy, along with justice, we require fresh concepts for civil society stars and innovative policy propositions for federal governments.
The Open Society Internship for Rights and Governance is particularly customized to buy appealing people who are poised to promote and sustain open societies. We train them to add to a more tactical, impactful human rights practice.
The effort integrates practice, in the kind of an internship, with a skills-oriented two-week workshop, to assist prepare beneficiaries for their future work. The program takes a broad meaning of human rights and governance inclusive of promoting essential flexibilities, broadening public access to details, challenging inequalities through advancement and rights, and advancing techniques that guarantee openness and responsibility of state organizations.
- OSIRG utilizes the Beneficiary Neighborhood Website, an user-friendly, easy to use online platform that allows candidates to send their applications straight to the Open Society Foundations.
- Applicants who have actually restricted access to the Web are motivated to call OSIRG personnel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make alternate plans.
Applicants might call their university’s OSIRG point of contact for access to the application link.
For more questions, please contact email@example.com
To Find Out More: