Application Due Date: 9 November 2018, 24.00 CET.
The Swiss Re Structure Business Owners for Durability Award acknowledges entrepreneurial efforts that take ingenious methods to developing durable societies and understanding the United Nations Sustainable Advancement Goals. While durability is the core style of this yearly program, its particular focus modifications from year to year.
The 2019 award will concentrate on ingenious options that provide more and much better access to health care for homes in low-income neighborhoods. We’re searching for business-minded organisations that utilize innovation to effectively take on the behavioural, understanding, facilities, monetary and/or other barriers to such homes’ access to health care options– from avoidance to treatment.
- The award consists of a monetary grant from the Swiss Re Structure and, depending upon the nature, scope and requirements of the business, non-financial contributions such as training and technical recommendations from Swiss Re workers and professionals.
- 3 finalists pitch their endeavors in person to an independent award jury of senior Swiss Re professionals, scholastic agents and chosen Swiss Re customers.
- The overall cash prize of USD 700 00 0 is divided amongst the winner (which gets as much as USD 350 00 0) and the 2 runners-up.
Level of maturity:
Are developed as official start-ups, growing and on a clear course to complete or partial monetary sustainability (eg if just some operations are commercially based) however still based on grants (or other assistance) to enhance their organisation design and/or reach complete monetary sustainability
Development and innovation focus:
Take advantage of innovation or a development in product and services shipment to provide worth to underserved populations at scale.
Objective and function:
Have a strong social function while utilizing industrial systems to attain sustainability and scale.
Serve reasonably to really bad neighborhoods in rural and/or metropolitan locations. Poor and susceptible populations need to be a clear focus and concern and/or represent more than 30% of individuals served. Prospects need to have a deep understanding of their end users’ particular scenarios and address barriers to health care that they deal with.
Preferably, run in low-income neighborhoods with limited/no access to quality health care.
The choice procedure begins with an online type. As and when prospects “make it” at each phase of choice, we’ll ask to supply more details and address progressively in-depth queries about their business. Prospects need to have the following employee readily available to take part at the following phases:
- the creator( s), for a one- to two-hour interview in between mid-December 2018 and end of January 2019 (top 12 prospects)
- the management, to get agents of the Swiss Re Structure for one to 2 days of on-site due diligence in between mid-February and early April 2019 (leading 6 prospects)
- a minimum of one creator, for training sessions in between mid-April and mid-May 2019 to prepare a pitch for the in person occasion and award event (3 finalists)
- the group, to team up with the Swiss Re Structure on preparing a short video about the business in the 2nd half of April 2019 (3 finalists); the video should be all set no behind 3 weeks prior to the award event
HOW TO APPLY
To look for the 2019 Business Owners for Durability Award, finish the online survey about your business by 9 November 2018, 24.00 CET. Just applications finished in English and sent by this due date will be thought about.
If you have concerns or require assistance, you’re welcome to call us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Find Out More: