Application Deadline: 3rd August 2021
The Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA) is a Pan African initiative and member of the Global Alliance for Tax Justice. TJNA aims to promote socially just, accountable and progressive taxation systems in Africa. TJNA advocate for pro-poor taxation systems and the strengthening of tax regimes to promote domestic resource mobilization. TJN-A aims to challenge harmful tax policies and practices that favour the wealthy and those that aggravate and perpetuate inequality.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, TJNA employs a multi-disciplinary team of specialists and advisors, project managers, operations and programme support staff to support its objectives.
TJNA Internship Programme provides an opportunity for graduate-level degree students, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work, and they can get familiar with administrative and operations processes. The ICT interns will obtain practical experience in Information and Communication Technology, administrative procedures, and work in an African regional organisation.
Location: – Nairobi
Line Manager: – Institutional and Partnership Development Manager.
Start date: – Immediate.
Contract duration: – Three Months
About the role
Under the direct guidance of the ICT Administrator and overall supervision of the Institutional and Partnership Development Manager, the ICT Intern will provide support in execution of ICT services at TJNA secretariat office, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Intern will promote a client -oriented approach as an integral part of the TJNA family.
Support efficient networks administration focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems.
• Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
• Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
• Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs.
• Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
• Timely LAN Infrastructure and Internet connectivity upgrade to meet TJNA requirements.
Provides administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Assisting with cloning and Software installations and configurations.
• Setting up computer workstations.
• Setting up teleconference & video conference meetings.
• Requesting desk phone service activations and mobile phones configurations.
• Ad hoc end-user support via email, IM, phone or in-person.
• Ensuring requests are properly opened, resolved in a timely manner, documented and closed in the ticketing system.
• Other similar duties as assigned by Supervisor.
a) Be enrolled in the final academic year of undergraduate degree programme or equivalent in the field of Computer Sciences), OR
b) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) OR
c) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems.
No experience required.
Required Skills and competencies
• Good level of ICT proficiency, particularly with Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, Adobe products and other popular applications is highly desirable.
• Knowledge on general computer repairs and hardware and software troubleshooting would be desirable.
• Familiarity with networking, telephony, tele/video conferencing, smartphone hardware and software (iOS, Android, etc.) and mobile phone service technologies.
• Knowledge of Service Desk ticketing systems would be an advantage.
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
• Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings; and
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a small team, and doing so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are requested to submit their detailed CVs alongside a letter of motivation to the following email address by the 3rd August 2021 [email protected]
For More Information: