Application Deadline: 7 January 2022
The Sanger Institute Prize is an outreach competition for undergraduate students from low- and middle-income countries and gives the winner an opportunity to experience the very cutting edge of genomic research.
To be eligible to apply for the Sanger Prize applicants must meet all of the criteria below:
- Be from a low or middle income country (a full list of eligible countries is available below).
- Be studying an undergraduate degree relevant to genomics at a University/Institute in a low/middle income country at the time of the first stage application. This could include any biological science degree, bioinformatics or any degree which includes genomics as a large part of the content.
- Demonstrate an active interest in research in the genomics field
- Have a good command of English (demonstrated by the clear writing within the application form, no certificate of English is required).
- Be over 18 at the time of applying
The winner of the Sanger Institute Prize will be offered a three-month internship with a research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute. Travel, living and research expenses are all covered by the award.
All essential expenses will be paid for by the prize fund including travel costs, visa costs, accommodation and reasonable food costs during the three month internship.
The winner will be able to choose the lab and faculty host they work with, subject to the availability of the host.
The winner will be able to choose the timing of their internship which should be taken within a year of being awarded (travel restrictions due to Covid -19 or other unexpected events will be taken into consideration and exceptions made).
Applicants who do not meet all of the above criteria will not be considered for the second stage of the competition.
For More Information: