Application Due Date: 15 October 2019
The World Press Image Structure, in cooperation with The Chocolonely Structure, is introducing the West Africa Visual Journalism Fellowship (WAVJF) To run in 2020, this program is a 1 year fellowship for 3 emerging visual reporters and writers to add to investigative journalism in and about West Africa.
This program is for one fellow from each of Burkina Faso, Ghana and Ivory Coast, who will select stories pertinent to their neighborhoods in West Africa. These stories will exceed detailing issues and begin examining the services currently being accepted by regional neighborhoods.
- Identify the skill: determine 3 people who are emerging visual reporters– people currently with appealing abilities who would gain from taking their storytelling to the next level– from Burkina Faso, Ghana, and Ivory Coast
- Release their capacity: support the fellows in the conclusion of a long-lasting investigative task through private mentoring and financial backing where they will examine a story of their picking pertinent to their neighborhoods in West Africa
- Establish brand-new storytelling point of views: foster brand-new techniques to visual journalism that exceed the repeating of issues to a concentrate on the services that regional neighborhoods are currently accepting
- Program their stories: help both with connections to regional media to allow local publication, in addition to promoting their last tasks worldwide, online and through exhibits
- Broaden their network: provide the fellows individual networking chances
- Produce effect: allow brand-new visual writers who go back to their neighborhoods, motivate others, and continue to inform the stories that matter to them
The West Africa Visual Journalism Fellowship will support 3 emerging visual reporters and writers from Burkina Faso, Ghana, and the Ivory Coast. The fellows will be people who currently have verifiable expert abilities, have the vision, decision, and enthusiasm for informing the stories that matter, however do not have the chance, resources, and assistance to establish their storytelling capabilities. The fellowship will consist of:
- A production grant of EUR5000 to carry out a journalism task of their picking in their neighborhoods in West Africa
- A grant of EUR5000 to assist cover their living expenditures while they are reporting and producing their story
- Workshops on place in Ghana with picked regional and global experts to assist prepare the fellow’s tasks and present the services focus to visual journalism
- Coaches who will separately assist the advancement, production, and post-production of the fellows’ task in addition to basic profession suggestions and training
Eligibility and choice
The fellowship is open to emerging.
visual reporters who are a nationwide of Burkina Faso, Ghana, or the.
Ivory Coast. Prospects can use themselves or be chosen. Prospects.
require to show their capability as an expert level image maker.
and their prospective as a visual reporter and writer.
Prospects need to total an application and consist of a:
- digital portfolio of visual work
A choice committee will evaluate all submissions and choose one candidate per nation, taking into account gender and other measurements of variety.
Election and choice procedure
15 October 2019:
Application due date
End of October 2019:
Statement of the 3 beneficiaries
December 2019– December 2020:
Reporting and production duration, consisting of workshops and coaches’ assistance
December 2020 onwards:
Sharing the stories, both in your area and internationally, online and in exhibit areas
To choose a prospect: e-mail Juliette Garms, Programs and Outreach Organizer, World Press Image Structure at [email protected]
To Learn More: