Due Date: November 16, 2018
Thinking about using to Oxford? Use for the Africa Society Mentorship Program2018 The Africa Society is a student-run company, using assistance to African trainees at Oxford and looking for to promote the advancement of a stimulating, comfy and familiar area for Africans at Oxford.
Among the main goals of the University of Oxford’s Africa Society is to increase the variety of African trainees at the University of Oxford. In part, the Society intends to accomplish this by expanding the chances of gain access to for skilled African trainees.
To this end, a choose variety of potential candidates from Africa will be helped by a coach throughout their application procedure. Candidates will be matched with a fellow African trainee who has actually studied or is presently studying at Oxford in the exact same scholastic location. The mentorship is customized for the Oxford application procedure, however what you discover will likewise matter for applications at other leading UK universities.
The program will be divided into 4 sessions, each covering particular elements of the application procedure. Sessions will take the kind of video/phone calls, whenever possible. Mentees are anticipated to send pertinent paperwork 7 days prior to the session to permit the coach to examine the application product. Coaches might select to email written feedback on the day of each session. Dates for sessions to be validated.
- Session 1: Intro [no documentation to be submitted] This session will permit the mentee and coach to be familiar with each other, and permit the coach to present the application procedure. This session will likewise supply a platform for mentees to ask concerns about the application.
- Session 2: CVs and referral letters In this session the coach and mentee will talk about a draft of the mentee’s CV and discuss the value of referral letters and how to handle referees.
- Session 3: Composing an individual declaration In this session the coach and mentee will talk about a draft of the mentee’s individual declaration.
- Session 4: Financing In this session, the particular requirements of different scholarship applications will be gone over. Mentees are anticipated to have actually currently recognized scholarships for which they are qualified. List of scholarships can be discovered here, here and (quickly) here.
The program uses:
- A coach of comparable local background and/or in comparable discipline
- Evaluation application files
- Assistance with concerns about the scholastic programs in Oxford
- Suggestions on protecting for financing
- First-hand insight into what to get out of living and studying in Oxford
The program does not deal:
- Filling application
- Composing essays
- Payment of application charges
- Assurance of a deal of a location
- Binding feedback on your application
If you would have an interest in using to belong of this mentorship program, please submit the kind by Friday November 16.
A preliminary accomplice of 10 mentees will be chosen from among the candidates. Candidates will be alerted of the Africa Society’s choice choice by Monday 19 th of November.
Keep In Mind that neither the Africa Society nor any of its coaches can take any duty for the success or otherwise of a mentee’s application
For more details, check out Africa Society