Application Due Date: Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5: 00 pm Tunisia time.
As part of the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program, the 2019-2020 Tunisia Undergrad Scholarship Program, a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, offers chances for impressive undergraduate trainees from Tunisia for one year of full-time, non-degree research study in the United States. Trainees will go to 4 year universities and colleges and will reside in on-campus real estate (dorm rooms).
Individuals might send U.S. records to their house organization for evaluation upon conclusion of the program to figure out if the credits are transferrable. The program will supply individuals with a much deeper understanding of American culture and brand-new globally-applicable abilities and competence to assist them add to the development and advancement of Tunisia.
A broad series of scholastic disciplines are qualified, consisting of liberal arts, social sciences, used sciences, natural and physical sciences, arts, and other basic university disciplines. Please note that trainees studying at ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) are not qualified for Tunisia UGRAD however need to obtain the Tunisia Neighborhood College Scholarship Program (TCCSP).
Trainees need to determine their program discipline on their application. This
field ought to be drawn from the basic university/college curriculum within the United States. Please note that trainees might not register in medical coursework while on the Tunisia UGRAD Program.
To support trainees in the advancement of the abilities, understanding, and mindsets required to construct strong structures for expert management success adding to Tunisia’s advancement, individuals participate in experiential knowing elements in addition to their scholastic programs:
Cultural Engagement: To establish trainees’ social and cross-cultural abilities, individuals will be needed to provide a minimum of one nation discussion throughout their program; total cross-cultural activities each term; and establish a virtual cultural exchange activity.
Social Work: To expose trainees to the concepts of social work and social obligation in the United States, individuals will be needed to carry out a minimum of 20 hours of social work with regional companies throughout their very first term and take part in a management advancement mid-program workshop.
Part-Time Internship: Internships supply a vital chance for individuals to establish essential individual soft abilities and get expert experience and abilities that can be used in their future professions in Tunisia. Program individuals will be needed to intern an overall of 80 hours throughout their 2nd term; each individual’s internship need to be associated with their program discipline.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not victimize candidates on the basis of race, color, faith, sex, age, nationwide origin, special needs, or any other secured particular as developed by U.S. law. Competitors for the Tunisia Undergrad Scholarship Program is merit-based and available to anybody who:
• Is a Tunisian resident;-LRB- **************) • Is presently registered as a very first- or second-year full-time undergrad (Licence) trainee in excellent scholastic standing at the time of application at a signed up scholastic organization in Tunisia;-LRB- **************) o Architecture trainees are qualified in their very first-, second-, 3rd-, or fourth-year of research study. Engineering trainees are qualified in their very first-, or second-year (preparatory classes), and 3rd- and fourth-year of undergraduate research study;-LRB- **************) o If you study at an ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) please see the Tunisia Neighborhood College Scholarship Program application.
• Is presently living in Tunisia;-LRB- **************) • Has the ability to get a U.S. J-1 visa;-LRB- **************) • Is at least 18 years of ages by July 1, 2019
• Is dedicated to going back to Tunisia after conclusion of the program; and
• Has the ability to attain a TOEFL rating of 500 (PBT)
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE GRANT
• J-1 visa assistance;-LRB- **************) • Round-trip travel from individual’s house city to host organization in the United States;-LRB- **************) • Mishap and illness medical protection;-LRB- **************) • Tuition and necessary university charges;-LRB- **************) • Space and board (real estate and meals);-LRB- **************) • Little incidentals allowance;-LRB- **************) • Restricted allowance for books;-LRB- **************) • A wide range of alumni networking and training chances
BASIC APPLICATION DIRECTIONS
• Please respond to ALL concerns on the application in English (other than where defined).
• Include your complete, legal name– household name (surname) and given name– as spelled on your worldwide passport (if offered) or nationwide identity card. Do not equate name spellings.
• Include total contact details (consisting of postcodes for all addresses and city/country codes for all phone and telephone number). Do not equate street or city names into English. Rather, please compose the names utilizing the English alphabet.
• Do NOT leave an area blank. If a concern does not use to you, go into N/A (not suitable).
• Candidates are motivated to finish the application online at www.irex.org.
• If sending a paper application:
o All kinds and supporting products need to be typewritten (if possible) and sent with the finished application. Handwritten applications need to be nicely printed in black ink.
o Compose your complete name and house city in the leading right corner of each page.
A finished application consists of:
• Extra Application Concerns: Candidates need to supply details about how they became aware of the Tunisia Undergrad Scholarship Program, prepares to obtain other sponsored academic exchange programs and their irreversible house governorate.
• Brief Responses 1-5: Candidates need to respond to each concern and utilize no greater than 250 words per action. Responses need to be the candidate’s own work.
• Essay 1: Candidates need to entirely respond to the concern consisting of all sub-questions connected with Essay 1. This response ought to disappear than 800 words and in essay format. Responses need to be the candidate’s own work.
• Essay 2: Candidates need to entirely respond to the concern consisting of all sub-questions connected with Essay 2. This response ought to disappear than 800 words and in essay format. Responses need to be the candidate’s own work.
The due date for applications for Tunisia UGRAD is Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5: 00 pm Tunisia time. Applications might be sent to IREX in one of 2 methods: Online or by paper.
Candidates are motivated to finish the application online.
1. Online Application can be discovered on the IREX site at: http://www.irex.org/project/tunisia-ugrad
2. Please check out the guidelines and Regularly Asked Concerns (Frequently Asked Question) thoroughly prior to starting the application.
Paper applications might be sent to the following address:
IREX/Tunisia c/o Start-up Haus Tunis 71 Opportunity Jean Jaurès
To Learn More: