Application Due Date: Monday, November 18, 2019 at 5: 00 pm
As part of the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program, the 2020-2021 Tunisia Undergrad Scholarship Program, a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, supplies chances for impressive undergraduate trainees from Tunisia for one scholastic year of full-time, non-degree research study in the United States. Trainees will go to four-year universities and colleges and will reside in on-campus real estate (dorm rooms).
Individuals might send U.S. records to their house organization for evaluation upon conclusion of the program to figure out if the credits are transferrable. The program will offer individuals with a much deeper understanding of American culture and brand-new globally-applicable abilities and competence to assist them add to the development and advancement of Tunisia.Participants might pass by their U.S. host university/college. A broad variety of scholastic disciplines are qualified, consisting of liberal arts, social sciences, used sciences, natural and physical sciences, arts, and other basic university disciplines.
Please keep in mind that trainees studying at ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie), ISETS, and IHETs are not qualified for Tunisia UGRAD however must request the Tunisia Neighborhood College Scholarship Program (TCCSP). Trainees must determine their program discipline on their application. This fieldshould be drawn from the basic university/college curriculum within the United States. Please note that trainees might not enlist in scientific courseworkwhile on the Tunisia UGRAD Program.
TECHNICAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not victimize candidates on the basis of race, color, religious beliefs, sex, age, nationwide origin, impairment, or any other safeguarded particular as developed by U.S. law.Competition for the Tunisia Undergrad Scholarship Program is merit-based and open up to anybody who:
• Is a Tunisian resident;
• Is presently registered as a first-or second-year full-time undergrad (Licence) trainee in great scholastic standing at the time of application at a signed up scholastic organization in Tunisia; o Architecture trainees are qualified in their very first -, second-, 3rd-, or fourth-year of research study.
Engineering trainees are qualified in their very first-, or second-year (preparatory classes), and third-and fourth-year of undergraduate research study; o If you study at an ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie), ISET, or IHET, please see the Tunisia Neighborhood College Scholarship Program application. • Is presently living in Tunisia;
• Has actually a shown record of scholastic quality; • Has the ability to get a U.S. J-1 visa;
• Is at least 18 years of ages by July 1, 2020;-LRB- ************) • Is devoted to going back to Tunisia after conclusion of the program; and
• Has the ability to accomplish a TOEFL rating of 500 (PBT)
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE GRANT
• J-1 visa assistance;
• Round-trip travel from individual’s house city to host organization in the United States;
• Mishap and illness medical protection;
• Tuition and obligatory university costs;
• Space and board (real estate and meals);
• Little incidentals allowance;
• Restricted allowance for books;
The application should be finished online. Candidates should complete all needed areas of the application and offer contact details for 2 recommendations
Referral 1 and Referral 2 should be finished by 2 various.
people who can talk to your viability as a possible scholarship.
Total copies of all application products should be gotten together in one bundle according to the application directions by Monday, November 18, 2019, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time
Just total applications, that include a total application.
with 2 total referral types, will be forwarded to the choice.
To Find Out More: