Application Due Date: 3rd May, 2019
The Elizabeth R Media Fund’s Commonwealth Digital Obstacle for 2019 is now open.
The difficulty, run by Thomson Structure, is a yearly competitors focused on assisting young, ambitious and tech-savvy business owners from the Commonwealth to establish an app, digital concept or tool to enhance the work of, or resolve obstacles come across by, reporters, communicators and media organisations within the Commonwealth.
The difficulty is open up to people or groups of no greater than 3, all prospects should be aged in between 18-30 on May 3, 2019, when entries close.
- Candidates should be residents of a Commonwealth member nation, leaving out the UK.
- The competitors is open to anybody aged in between 18 and 30 at the time of the competitors due date, which is 3 May, 2019
- The competitors organisers might ask for paperwork to confirm an entrant’s age.
- The competitors is open to people and groups of as much as 3 individuals.
- All submissions and discussions to be carried out in the English language.
- Very first evaluating will occur in the week beginning 22 May, 2019 and candidates should be offered for a webinar discussion throughout that week.
- The 3 groups/individuals selected to participate.
in the four-month mentoring needs to have the ability to take a trip to the UK in November.
2019, need to they be the ultimate winners.
- The timing of virtual mentoring sessions will be.
set up any place possible at the benefit of all individuals however.
eventually will depend on the accessibility of the coach.
- The total winner will be needed in the UK in November. If.
travel throughout this time is not possible, the reward will go to the 2nd.
most effective candidate or group.
Entrants will be asked to send a 500- word declaration with illustrations.
These illustrations can be any among a six-slide PowerPoint (or comparable) discussion, a two-minute audio file or a two-minute video file.
This declaration need to be a summary of the mobile application or digital service that both information the proposition and determines its useful use.
Phase one: Release
Entrants will be asked to send a 500- word declaration,.
in English, detailing an editorial or technical concern dealing with.
reporters and media organisations within the Commonwealth, together.
with a prospective case for how it can be attended to utilizing a mobile.
application or digital service that they plan to establish. The.
declaration needs to be supported by ONE of the following:
- A PowerPoint (or comparable) discussion of as much as 6 slides
- An audio file of as much as 5 minutes in length
- A video file of as much as 5 minutes in length
Applicants will be asked to publish their video, audio.
or discussion slides to a file-sharing platform ( e.g. Dropbox, Google.
Drive), which will be available to the evaluating panel through a single URL.
Phase 2: First evaluating
The evaluating panel will consist of Thomson Structure supervisors,.
media organisations and agents from tech organisations and.
universities. The preliminary longlist from the initial entries will be.
chosen by Thomson Structure in combination with the judges, who will.
then pick 6 shortlisted candidates to go through to the next phase.
of the competitors.
The 6 taking part groups/individuals will be welcomed to.
present a webinar of their proposition to Thomson Structure and.
its Commonwealth-wide independent evaluating panel. This will consist of a.
comprehensive Q&A session.
The most effective 3, in the viewpoint of the judges, will get assistance and online mentoring over a four-month duration.
Phase 3: Advancement
The advancement duration, that includes virtual mentoring, will occur from 3 June to 27 September, 2019.
Throughout this duration there will be a variety of mentoring sessions. Mentoring will depend upon the significance to the groups, however might consist of:
- Technical proficiency
- Organisation abilities
The mentoring will likewise consist of open door to the Social network Method course from Thomson Structure’s Journalism Now e-learning program.
All 3 competitors/competing groups will be welcomed to.
present the development of their concepts in the recently of September,.
throughout the last of mentoring, and to a panel of leading market.
Phase 4: Winner
The winning person or group will be welcomed to the UK in November, all-expenses paid, and will be provided aid to establish their mobile application or digital tool.
Application offered here
For More Details: