Due Date: January 6, 2019
Applications are open for the Thomson Reuters Reporting Workshop on Illicit Financing in Africa 2019 Thomson Reuters Structure in collaboration with the Media Advancement Centre is trying to find Arabic-speaking reporters based in Africa who are encouraged to comprehend how their nation might be losing cash through illegal methods.
Wealth of Nations is a long-lasting engagement, and reporters who participate needs to dedicate to all aspects of the plan, signing an arrangement to this result. These aspects consist of:
- The production of stories or examinations on illegal monetary circulations
- A mentoring assistance plan that will assist produce these stories
- Extensive training on reporting illegal financing.
- The very first workshop will happen from February 18– 22, 2019 at the Media Advancement Centre in Tunis
- Chosen individuals will be welcomed to a follow-up workshop from April 4– 6, 2019
Reporters will not be thought about to have actually finished the plan till they have actually finished all the aspects, that include producing a minimum of one story or examination on illegal monetary circulations and will not get their certificates till this point.
- If picked, you will participate in one extensive workshops (5 days) covering illegal financing, reporting on business, accounts and spending plans, and investigative methods. The workshops will happen in Tunis
- You will propose several story concepts that you want to deal with within the plan– they will supply skilled reporters to assist you pursue your stories right as much as publication/broadcast
- Chosen individuals will get modest financing to assist them understand their stories or examinations; those who are moneyed might have additional chances for training
- You will have special access to competence through our network of illegal financing specialists
- You will likewise have access to story concepts and editorial suggestions and will be welcomed to share your own competence with individuals from other areas
- Effective candidates will get a complete bursary that will cover flight expenditures (economy class), lodging, regional transfers and meals. Please keep in mind that you require to inspect visa requirements and guarantee you have the required documents needed. The expense of your visa and any other associated expenses will be the obligation of the individual.
- Open to reporters with a minimum of 2 years of expert experience;-LRB- **************).
- It is a benefit if you recognize with investigative journalism, reporting on financial resources and/or handling numbers more normally. However if you have a strong inspiration to find out about and comprehend these problems then we will consider your application;-LRB- **************).
- You need to have the ability to invest considerable time dealing with illegal financing stories or examinations;-LRB- **************).
- Both freelancers and personnel reporters might use. Reporters working for a news organisation will require approval from their editor to participate. Freelancers ought to supply proof that a person or more media organisations will want to take their work;-LRB- **************).
- Reporters operating in any medium or several media are welcome to use (print, online, radio or tv);-LRB- **************).
- Reporters ought to be based in Africa and working for several African media organisations;-LRB- **************).
- Reporters using need to have proficient Arabic.
The following will be sent in the application:
- 2 work samples
- A letter from your editor granting your involvement
For more details, go to Thomson Reuters