Application Due Date: January sixth 2019
Thomson Reuters Structure in collaboration with the Media Advancement Centre is trying to find Arabic-speaking reporters based in Africa who are encouraged to comprehend how their nation might be losing loan by means of illegal methods.
Wealth of Nations is a long-lasting engagement, and reporters who participate needs to devote to all components of the plan, signing an arrangement to this result. These components consist of:
- The production of stories or examinations on illegal monetary circulations
- A mentoring assistance plan that will assist produce these stories
- Extensive training on reporting illegal financing.
- The very first workshop will occur from Monday, 18 February– Friday, 22 February 2019 at the Media Advancement Centre in Tunis
- Chosen individuals will be welcomed to a follow-up workshop from Thursday, 04 April– Saturday, 06 April 2019
Reporters will not be thought about to have.
finished the plan up until they have actually finished all the components, which.
consist of producing a minimum of one story or examination on illegal.
monetary circulations and will not get their certificates up until this.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PLAN.
- If picked, you will participate in one extensive workshops (5 days) covering illegal financing, reporting on business, accounts and budget plans, and investigative strategies. The workshops will occur in Tunis.
- You will propose several story concepts that you want to deal with within the plan– we will supply knowledgeable reporters to assist you pursue your stories right approximately publication/broadcast.
- Chosen individuals will get modest financing to assist them understand their stories or examinations; those who are moneyed might have additional chances for training.
- You will have special access to knowledge through our network of illegal financing specialists.
- You will likewise have access to story concepts and editorial suggestions and will be welcomed to share your own knowledge with individuals from other areas.
- Reporters with a minimum of 2 years of expert experience.
is a benefit if you recognize with investigative journalism,.
reporting on financial resources and/or handling numbers more usually. However if.
you have a strong inspiration to find out about and comprehend these concerns.
then we will consider your application.
- You need to have the ability to invest considerable time dealing with illegal financing stories or examinations.
freelancers and personnel reporters might use. Reporters working for a.
news organisation will require approval from their editor to participate.
Freelancers must supply proof that a person or more media organisations.
will want to take their work.
- Reporters operating in any medium or several media are welcome to use (print, online, radio or tv).
- Reporters must be based in Africa and working for several African media organisations.
- Reporters using need to have proficient Arabic.
will get a complete bursary that will cover flight expenditures (economy.
class), lodging, regional transfers and meals. Please keep in mind that you.
require to inspect visa requirements and guarantee you have the essential.
documents needed. The expense of your visa and any other associated.
expenses will be the duty of the individual.
- 2 work samples
- A letter from your editor granting your involvement
Please have these prepared prior to you start the type.
For Additional Information: