Due Date: October 1, 2019
Applications for the Thomson Reuters Structure Reporting on Human Trafficking and Contemporary Slavery 2019 are now open. This one-week Reporting on Human Trafficking and Modern-Day Slavery in Nigeria is a distinct possibility for reporters in West Africa to acquire useful abilities and understanding and deal with your story concepts with assistance from skilled Thomson Reuters Structure reporters and subject professionals from reputed anti-trafficking charities.
The workshop uses a mix of specialist knowledge and hands-on training, with a focus on producing high-impact stories for extensive dissemination. In addition to coming away with a deep understanding of the scale, nature and reasons for the issue, individuals will learn more about efforts to set worldwide requirements for combating contemporary slavery, consisting of basic conventions, global instruments and a brand-new, lawfully binding procedure that needs nations to take genuine action.
They will go over the function of media in raising awareness, minimizing vulnerability and holding to account federal governments, police and companies. Participants will take a look at ingenious methods to combating trafficking and required labour and reporting on migration and scrutinise the mission for incorporated policy reactions throughout borders.
A significant focus will be on the principles of reporting slavery, from how to communicate sensitively with traumatised survivors to surpassing reporters’ own presumptions and stereotypes. They will cover security concerns, especially when it concerns handling sources and reporting on organised criminal activity.
This is a chance to select the brains of press reporters who have actually done remarkable investigative work or ground-breaking reportage that has actually altered policy, provoked public protest or brought traffickers to justice. Participants will likewise hang out with professionals and those at the coal face of the anti-slavery motion and migration crisis, consisting of some who have actually been trafficked themselves and gone on to assist others move from “victims” to “survivors”.
- Thomson Reuters Structure can money travel costs and lodging for individuals taking a trip from outdoors Lagos. This plan goes through variation.
- Candidates need to be Indian full-time reporters or routine factors to media organisations in West Africa;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates need to have the ability to show a dedication to a profession in journalism in their nation;-LRB- **************).
- Needs to be a senior reporter with a minimum of 3 years’ expert experience;-LRB- **************).
- Have an excellent level in spoken and composed English;-LRB- **************).
- If you have actually been on a Thomson Reuters Structure training program within the last 2 years you will not be qualified to use.
When using you will be asked to publish the following files– please have these prepared:
- 2 appropriate work samples (optimum file size 5 MB)– in English if possible. For stories not in English, please consist of a 250- word English summary about the story.
- A letter from your editor granting your involvement in the program and dedicating to publish/broadcast resulting stories
Please note you will be asked to send several story concepts within your application. They will not share your concepts with anybody.
For additional information, go to Thomson Reuters Structure