Deadline: December 31, 2019
Applications for the Thomson Reuters Yannis Behrakis Photojournalism Grants 2020 are now open. Reuters is seeking to develop next generation of photojournalists with the expanded Yannis Behrakis Photojournalism Grants. The program offers grants to help fund assignments and projects that will advance the recipients’ experience and skills.
The Reuters photography grant program, launched in 2017, has been expanded and renamed here for long-time Reuters photojournalist and Pulitzer Prize winner Yannis Behrakis, who died earlier this year. Successful stories will be distributed on Reuters platforms and Reuters Pictures editors will mentor recipients throughout their projects. Grantees will also receive Reuters instruction, including reporting and hostile environment training. The grant period is from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
- For the inaugural Yannis Behrakis Photojournalism Grants program, Reuters Pictures is offering ten grants of $8,000 USD for photojournalists and students to produce a photo project and develop their visual storytelling skills.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35
- They must submit a 30-40 picture portfolio, a detailed story proposal and a CV
- The project can be a work-in-progress or a new idea
- A project focused on a subject in a community or location within close proximity, that can be completed in a few weeks or months, is advisable
Email your CV, cover letter with story portfolio via a Dropbox link to: [email protected]
For more information, visit Thomson Reuters.