Deadline: Varies by Region
Applications for theToptal Scholarships for Women 2018/19 are now open. The scholarships aim at empowering the next generation of female CEOs, founders, and world leaders who want to change the world.
How do you want to change the world? They would like to give you what you need to get there. They will also pair you with the mentor who can coach and advise you along the way.
Toptal®is awarding the following to five future female leaders who want to change the world:
- $10,000– Meaningful support, so you can focus on developing yourself as a future leader.
- One year of mentorship – Mentoring from a Toptal expert with the skills and knowledge you need to set you on the right path.
- All women, 16 and older, who have not previously been awarded a Toptal scholarship or grant.
- They are looking for leadership potential, no matter your experience or background. That said, we do have a commitment to supporting women from underserved areas or communities.
- This is an international Scholarship Program. However, you must be a legal resident or citizen of your country of residence to enter the Scholarship Program.
- You must apply to the region for which country you are a legal resident, as determined by the list in the appendix of this document. The Scholarship Program is not available to any resident or citizen of any country that prohibits the Scholarship Program or that is prohibited by U.S. law (e.g., the Crimea region of the Ukraine, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, or Syria). You may be asked to provide proof of residence, and any supporting documentation, in the interview stage of the application process.
- Toptal Scholarships for Women is focused on individual women. You are more than welcome to continue collaborating with your team, but the scholarship will be awarded to a single person.
- Please note that Toptal employees and freelancers, and their immediate families and households, are not eligible for the program. Please see the Official Rules for more detail.
Regions and Deadlines
One prize will be awarded to current residents of each region listed below. Please refer to the dates indicated for your specific region.
- Africa – 30 September 2018
- Oceania – 31 October 2018
- Asia – 30 November 2018
- Europe – 31 January 2019
- Americas – 31 March 2019
Application acceptance ends at 11:59 pm EST on the date specified below for that region.
To apply, paint a picture for how you want to change the world after you complete your education. Formulate your plan for how you would accomplish this, and specify the type of mentorship that would make the biggest difference toward that outcome.
All of the following steps must be successfully completed to complete your application:
- First, write a blog post on your chosen idea to change the world. The blog post (“Blog Post”) must clearly include the following sections:
- Your vision to change the world
- How you believe you can accomplish your goals
- Support and mentorship you need to accomplish your goals
- It must clearly and unambiguously reference Toptal Scholarships
- Publish the Blog Post on your personal blog about your idea. The Blog Post must be at least 1,000 words. To be and remain eligible for the Scholarship Program, the Blog Post must remain posted during the entire Scholarship Program, including any period of awards.
- If you decide to include in your application links to software you have written, you must link to the GitHub repository in the application form. Any type of GitHub contribution is acceptable, provided that (a) it must consist solely of your own personal work and (b) it must comply with all of GitHub’s requirements, policies, guidelines, and terms and conditions with respect to starting or contributing to an open source project on GitHub. Any further files (for example, videos or presentations) you create to support your application, must be linked to in the Blog Post.
- Submit an application. For your application to be eligible for entry, you must answer all application questions and your answers must be complete and accurate.
For more information, visitToptal Scholarships for Women.