Applications are welcomed for Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarships Program (JJ/WBGSP) from the nationals of establishing nations. Scholarships are granted for studying just at a master program that has actually been approved ” chosen” status by the JJ/WBG Scholarship Program.
The program has actually granted over 5000 scholarships chosen from over 65,000 candidates, and paid out over US$200 million in financing from the Japanese federal government.
Developed in 1987 with financing from the Federal government of Japan, the Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) has actually assisted produce a global neighborhood of advancement experts through the Program’s funding of graduate and post-graduate research studies.
Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree (or comparable university degree) made prior to 2013, be under 45 years of ages on the application deadline date, and have at least 3 years of current development-related experience considering that making a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates from outside the house nation will typically require to satisfy particular English language/other language requirements in order to have the ability to study there.
- Application Due Date: April 11, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are offered for pursuing masters degree at Preferred University.
- Research Study Topic: Scholarships are granted for studying just at a master program that has actually been approved ” chosen” status by the JJ/WBG Scholarship Program.
- Scholarship Award: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship offers the recipient with the following advantages:
- Economy class flight in between your house nation and the host university at the start of your research study program and instantly following completion of the scholarship duration. In addition to the two-way flight, scholars will get a United States $500 travel allowance for each journey;-LRB- ***********).
- Tuition for your graduate program and the expense of fundamental medical insurance coverage generally acquired through the university.
- A regular monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenditures, consisting of books. The quantity of the allowance differs depending upon the host nation.
Please keep in mind all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the period of the graduate program or more years, whichever is less.
- The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application( s) expenses
- Costs to bring and/or support a scholar’s relative;-LRB- ***********).
- Extra-curricular courses or training;-LRB- ***********).
- Language training not supplied by the graduate program;-LRB- ***********).
- Extra travel throughout the course of the research study program;-LRB- ***********).
- Costs connected to research study, supplemental academic products, school outing, involvement in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational devices such as computer systems.
Note: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship might just supplement, and does not replicate, any other source of monetary support/fellowship you may have. If chosen as a finalist or if you are granted a scholarship, you should notify the JJ/WBGSP if you have other sources of scholarship funds. The JJ/WBGSP stipend might be withdrawn entirely or partly if throughout the scholarship duration the Program has proof of extra sources of assistance.
- Variety Of Scholarships: JJWBGSP provides scholarships for over 200 Preferred Programs (. xlsx 49 KB) covering a broad variety of advancement subjects and for 14 Partner Programs (. xlsx 15 KB) at universities in U.S., Africa and Japan in essential locations of advancement, consisting of financial policy management, tax policy, and facilities management.
- Citizenship: Trainees of establishing nations can look for this scholarship.
- Scholarship can be taken in Scholarships are offered for favored university masters programs that is noted on the JJ/WBGSP site which lies beyond the candidate’s nation of citizenship and nation of house.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Qualified Nations: Trainees of establishing nations can look for this scholarship.List of Nations: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. of, Congo, Rep. of, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Representative, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haití, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR of, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, F.S., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Entryway Requirements: Broadly speaking, Establishing Nation nationals should:
- Be a nationwide of a World Bank member establishing nation;-LRB- ***********).
- Not hold double citizenship of any industrialized nation;-LRB- ***********).
- Remain in health;-LRB- ***********).
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or comparable) degree made a minimum of 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;-LRB- ***********).
- Have 3 years or more of current development-related work experience after making a Bachelor’s (or comparable) degree;-LRB- ***********).
- Be utilized in development-related operate in a paid complete- time position at the time of sending the scholarship application. The only exception to this requirement is for establishing nation nationals from a nation that will be on the upgraded list of Fragile and Dispute States supplied to candidates in the Application Standards for each require scholarships.
- On or prior to the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be confessed unconditionally (other than for financing) for the upcoming scholastic year to a minimum of among the JJ/WBGSP chosen university master’s programs and situated beyond the candidate’s nation of citizenship and nation of house noted at the time the call for scholarship applications open.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or personnel of any kind of visit of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the previously mentioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” specified as: Mom, Dad, Sibling, Half-sister, Bro, Half-brother, Kid, Child, Auntie, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; * Please keep in mind: All eligibility requirements are strictly complied with. No exceptions are made. Eligibility requirements WILL NOT alter throughout an open require applications. Nevertheless, this details undergoes alter in between the close of one application procedure and the opening of the next.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the house nation will typically require to satisfy particular English language/other language requirements in order to have the ability to study there.
How to Use: Candidates can look for scholarships to both Preferred and Partner Programs. The procedure to use to a Preferred Program and to a Partner Program varies:
ATTENTION: The call for applications for a JJWBGSP Scholarship to among our Preferred Programs is now open from February 22 to April 11,2019 Assistance for this require applications, including this call’s: (i) directions and requirements to send an application, the eligibility requirements candidates should satisfy; and the choice procedure are supplied in the Application Standards, Frequently Asked Questions, and the total list of JJ/WBGSP Preferred (. xlsx 49 KB) Master Degrees presently used. Please check out these files prior to beginning your application.
Those looking for a JJ/WBGSP Partner Program scholarship(. xlsx 15 KB) should initially look for admission to several of the Partner Masters Degree Program( s). Queries on how to send an admissions application to a partner program ought to be sent to the particular university.
After examining sent applications, each Partner Master Degree Program will determine a list of qualified prospects who will then be welcomed by the JJWBGSP Secretariat to look for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship.
The call for applications for a JJWBGSP Scholarship to our Preferred Programs is now open up until the due date of April 11, 2019 Assistance for this require applications, including this call’s: (i) directions and requirements to send an application, the eligibility requirements candidates should satisfy; and the choice procedure are supplied in the Application Standards, Frequently Asked Questions, and the total list of JJ/WBGSP Preferred(. xlsx 49 KB) Master Degrees presently used Please check out these files prior to beginning your application.
As soon as you recognize with the application requirements and procedures, click on this link to use, and describe the “ Accessing your online application” and “ Browsing your online application” to find out how gain access to and browse the online application.
See the Authorities Scholarship Site for more information.