Among the Nordic Africa Institute’s Strategic objectives is to add to developing capability in the production of understanding about Africa. The function of the African Visitor Scientist’ Scholarship Program is to supply chances for Africa-based scientists with a PhD to work and establish their continuous research study at the Nordic Africa Institute. The scholarship uses access to the Institute’s library and other resources that attend to a promoting research study environment. Through the program, the Nordic Africa Institute can promote and develop relations with and in between African and Nordic research study neighborhoods.
- The scholarship program is directed at postdoctoral scientists based in Africa and taken part in Africa-oriented research study within the disciplines of Social Sciences and Liberal Arts.
- The candidate need to be associated to an African university/research center and have a tested performance history of substantial research study experience.
- The Institute aims to attain a reasonable circulation of scholarship positions in concerns to gender and geographical focus.
Financial Backing and Advantages
- The scholarship consists of a return air-fare (economy class), lodging, a subsistence allowance of 400 SEK (approx. 45 USD) each day plus a setup grant of 2,500 SEK (approx. 280 USD) and access to an office (consisting of computer system) in a shared workplace at the Institute.
- The optimum period of the stay is 90 days, minimum is 60 days. Please keep in mind that the subsistence allowance will be supplied just for the days invested in Uppsala Likewise keep in mind that the majority of scholastic organizations in the Nordic nations, consisting of the Nordic Africa Institute, are closed or a minimum of performing at a minimized capability throughout the durations 15 June–15 August and 15 December–15 January. Candidates can hence pass by these durations for their check out.
- The Institute’s library is focused on literature on modern Africa and concentrates on Social Sciences. Moreover, Visitor Scientist have access to the Uppsala University Library and to the Library of the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
- Visitor Scientists have the possibility to provide their research study at the Nordic Africa Institute and to go to other organizations in the Nordic nations.
The application need to consist of:
- Current CV, consisting of list of publications (if readily available online, please consist of links)
- Overview of research study task, 5 pages:
- A well elaborated research study proposition; the research study subject need to connect to the thematic research study locations of the Institute as described in the Method 2017– 2021,
- A work strategy, consisting of anticipated outcomes, particular for the time invested at the Institute
Recommendation: A signed letter of assistance from the candidate’s Head of Department or other senior scholar in the very same field, which verifies present association and field of research study. (Scanned variations of signed assistance letters can be emailed by the candidate)
|Kind Of Chance||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Due Date||01 April,2019|
|Open to||Candidates associated to an African university/research center|
|Organizer||Nordic Africa Institute|
|Contact the organizer||https://nai.uu.se/about/contact/|