Application Due Date: April 1, 2019 [12:00 AM, CET]
The Tunisia Workplace of the Center for Middle Eastern Research Studies at Harvard University welcomes Tunisian scholars to send applications for a postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard University. The call for applications is open to scholars in the Liberal arts or Social Sciences who have actually gotten their PhD within the previous 7 years.
The fellowship extends for 10 months, from September 1, 2019, to June 30,2020 The effective prospect will live in the higher Boston location and will be needed to teach a one-semester course on the location of expertise, in English or in Arabic. Choice will be provided to the most competent candidate whose research study consists of Tunisia, North Africa, or the Middle East.
The following requirements should be fulfilled:.
- Choice will be provided to postdoctoral scientists who are citizens and/or residents of Tunisia or postdoctoral scientists who are studying subjects connected to Tunisia.
- Doctoral credentials must have been gotten within the previous 7 years in among the following disciplines: Arts, Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, or Political Sciences, with choice provided to those whose qualifications are from a Tunisian university.
- The postdoctoral fellow is needed to teach a one-semester course in English or in Arabic. Top priority will be provided to prospects with a research study interest in Tunisia, North Africa or the Middle East.
Regards To Fellowship
The 10- month income for this position will vary from $47,500 to $56,00 0 and must cover the effective candidate’s lodging, food, and visa costs.
A round-trip economy class ticket from Tunis to Boston will be released in addition to the stipend. It is approximated that the effective candidate will invest 30 hours each week on research study and 5 hours each week on mentor and recommending trainees.
The fellow will deal with the Director of CMES on the course style and matters referring to research study.
Candidates are needed to send the list below products prior to April 1, 2019 [12:00 AM, CET]
- An existing curriculum vitae, in English.
- A research study proposition (declaration of function) not to surpass 1500 words, in English.
- A composing sample not to surpass 5000 words that can be in English, Arabic, or French.
- A recommendation letter composed by the prospect’s argumentation.
consultant, in English, Arabic, or French. This letter must be sent.
straight by the recommender prior to April 1, 2019 Please check out the guidelines listed below to understand how recommendations must be sent.
All application products must be sent digitally on CARAT, a Harvard platform for grants and fellowships.
Candidates must thoroughly follow the actions explained listed below to send their applications:.
ACTION ONE(Crucial): All candidates require to acquire an XID from the Harvard system: https://carat.fas.harvard.edu/
The XID takes around one hour to “trigger”; candidates should.
permit time for this activation action. The link to acquire an XID as a.
non-Harvard candidate is offered on the front page of the CARAT.
system: https://carat.fas.harvard.edu/ Candidates can finish the application just when an XID is released to them.
ACTION 2: Applications must be sent specifically on CARAT through the following link: https://carat.fas.harvard.edu/applicant/newApplication?fundingSourceId=7194
Candidates require to utilize their XID to access the platform where their.
application products must be submitted. All application product.
must be submitted as PDF files, no other file format is accepted by.
REFERRALS: All referral letters must be sent straight.
by the recommender on CARAT, specifically. Candidates can send out a.
referral demand to their recommender’s e-mail address through the CARAT.
platform, while finishing their application. The recommender will.
get a link to publish their letter as a PDF file (no XID is needed.
from the recommender to publish a referral letter).
Late or insufficient applications will not be thought about..
Applications that are not sent on the CARAT platform on the link offered: https://carat.fas.harvard.edu/applicant/newApplication?fundingSourceId=7194 will not be thought about..
To Learn More: