Deadline: January 22, 2021
Applications are open for the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs/UNDP SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia) Program 2021. The SDGia has opened its second global call for impact entrepreneurs to find innovative solutions for SDG-related complex development challenges. During the second SDGia program, startups will work on products and services in the field of financial inclusion in Bangladesh and digital agriculture in Uganda.
The Digital Agriculture Call is addressing the digital agriculture challenge in Uganda focusing on ‘world with zero hunger’, which requires more productive, efficient, sustainable, inclusive, transparent and resilient food systems. The general focus of this call is “Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure” which aims to build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation in agriculture. With this aspect, the program aims at urgent transformation of the current agri-food systems with innovative solutions after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Financial Inclusion Call is targeting the financial inclusion challenge in Bangladesh. Financial inclusion is a critical enabler on many aspects such as eradicating poverty, ending hunger, achieving food security and promoting sustainable agriculture, leading to profiting health and well-being. It also enhances topics such as achieving gender equality and economic empowerment of women; promoting economic growth and jobs; supporting industry, innovation, and infrastructure. Therefore, urgent transformation of the current financial system with innovative solutions after the pandemic is the ultimate goal of the program.
- Be part of a global network which will support you as you work towards the SDGs and create your impact in the world.
- Receive equity-free grant of $15,000 when you get accepted to the Accelerator Program.
- Receive mentorship from UNDP, UN Technology Bank, governmental institutions, financial and technology experts, and global investors.
- Receive impact investment at the end of the program if your idea or product is selected for implementation.
- Open to teams from all around the world.
- You have a solution which has potential to support especially least developed country (LDC) populations.
- You are looking for funding to develop your Minimum-Viable-Product (MVP) or improve your existing product.
- You have an innovative idea or product you want to launch or scale-up.
- You are ready to implement or test your solution with the support of local institutions and additional investment.
Are you ready to be part of the global SDG Impact Accelerator with your startup idea? Apply by January 22, 2021.
For more information, visit SDG Impact Accelerator.