Due Date: June 30, 2019
Applications are open for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Program 2019/2020 TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India have actually consented to use fellowships to young foreign researchers from establishing nations who want to pursue research study towards a PhD in physical sciences.
TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India for research studies leading towards a PhD degree in the physical sciences for 4 years with the possibility of a 1 year extension.
The Centre performs the following research study activities:
- Direct and Non-linear spectroscopy, Ultrafast molecular procedures and spectroscopy, Ultrafast characteristics in biological macromolecules and magnetization, Ultrafast laser caused procedures, Soft condensed matter systems of chemical and biological interests, mesocopic physics, ionic liquids, multi-component liquid mixes, supercooled melts, supercritical fluids, bio-nano user interface, nano-magnetism, magnonic crystals, micromagnetic simulations, Nanomaterials in basic, and Physics of Correlated oxides, low dimensional systems, magnetic shape memory alloys, water down magnetic semi-conductors, multi-ferroic products, thin movies of metals and oxides, electronic, magnetic and structural residential or commercial properties of intricate products, superconductivity, highly associated electronic systems, quantum many-body physics, micromagnetic and monte carlo simulation of fixed and vibrant residential or commercial properties of nanomagnets, theoretical research study of thermalconductivity, Ab initio aircraft wave pseudo-potential computation, highly associated electron systems, electronic structure and transportation through nano-materials.
- Quantum field theory, mathematical physics, cognitive science, granular physics, non-commutative quantum mechanics, analytical physics, non-linear characteristics, turbulences, lattice gauge theories, representation theory of lie groups and meaningful states, quantum optics, great voids, constrained characteristics, quantum gravity, quantum spin systems, cumulative behaviour and emergent phenomena, explosive percolation, complex networks and important phenomena.
- Cosmology, Relativistic Astrophysics, ionospheric science, Astrochemistry.
- S.N. Bose will offer a regular monthly stipend to cover living expenses and food. The regular monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus lodging will be offered. The regular monthly stipend does not cover extensive medical insurance. The Centre does nevertheless subtract a little contribution towards a Contributory Medical Plan. The advantages are partial compensation of Physician’s charges, medications and/or hospitalization expenses, if any, and just for expenses sustained in Kolkata. The compensation structure is along the lines of the Central Federal Government Health Plan (CGHS) of the Federal Government of India.
- The S.N. Bose Centre does not offer extensive health or medical insurance coverage to its personnel or trainees. All SN Bose-TWAS fellows need to have their own “Medical Insurance coverage” prior to signing up with the program to cover medical emergency situations.
- Be an optimum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year;-LRB- ***************).
- Be nationals of an establishing nation (aside from India);-LRB- ***************).
- Needs to not hold any visa for momentary or irreversible residency in India or any industrialized nation;-LRB- ***************).
- Hold a Masters Degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry. S/He needs to have finished a minimum of an overall 5 years of undergraduate and postgraduate research studies in an acknowledged university or institute.
- Be accepted by a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre. Potential candidates are encouraged to check out the S.N. Bose National Centre’s site www.bose.res.in Ask for approval need to be directed to the Dean (Academic Program), S.N. Bose National Centre for Sciences by email ([email protected]) or fax: (+91) 33 23353477 In calling the Dean (Academic Program), candidates need to accompany their ask for an Approval Letter with copy of their CV, a research study proposition summary and 2 referral letters
- Supply proof of efficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;-LRB- ***************).
- Supply proof that s/he will go back to her/his house nation on conclusion of the fellowship;-LRB- ***************).
- Not use up other projects throughout the duration of her/his fellowship;-LRB- ***************).
- Be economically accountable for any accompanying relative.
For additional information, see TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship