Application Due Date: 1 December 2018
In partnership with UNESCO and a variety of centres of quality in the South, TWAS has actually set up a Joint Associateship Plan to make it possible for proficient scientists from the South to go to these centres routinely. A partner is selected for 3 years throughout which he or she can go to a Centre two times for research study partnership. Nearly 300 centres have actually been picked to take part in the Plan.
In partnership with UNESCO and a variety of centres of quality in the South, TWAS has actually set up a Joint Associateship Plan to make it possible for proficient scientists from the South to go to these centres routinely. A partner is selected for 3 years throughout which he or she can go to a Centre two times for research study partnership. TWAS supplies travel assistance for the partners and a contribution to subsistence costs as much as USD30000 monthly while living expenditures are covered by the host centres.
In 1994, in cooperation with UNESCO, TWAS set up an Associateship Plan to assist combat the brain drain impacting numerous establishing nations. The program supports routine gos to by scientists from establishing nations to centres of quality in the South. Nearly 300 centres of quality in the South have actually accepted take part in the program.
Candidates need to hold a PhD or comparable degree. The choice of partners is extremely competitive; visits are made on the basis of benefit. Unique factor to consider is offered to researchers from separated organizations in establishing nations. Ladies researchers are particularly motivated to use.
Consultations have actually a repaired period of 3 years. Throughout this time, the partner is entitled to go to the host centre two times, for a duration of 2 to 3 months each time. Topic to the schedule of funds, the visit might be restored for a more 3-year term.
The Associateship covers the partner’s travel expenditures and a month-to-month contribution of USD300 to incidental regional expenditures. The host centre covers lodging and food, and supplies the research study centers.
Applications for TWAS Associateships must consist of:
- the finished application (see listed below);-LRB- ******************).
- a current invite letter– on the host organization’s letterhead paper– from among the Organizations noted in the 2 files at the end of this page. It needs to include the suggested time of the gos to (2 to 3 months for each check out) and must describe the proposed cooperation. It needs to be made obvious that the candidate and the proposed host have actually touched relating to the clinical work to be done throughout the check out which the conditions for performing the work have actually been concurred in regards to the timing of the check out and the centers offered;-LRB- ******************).
- the candidate’s curriculum vitae, and
- the candidate’s complete list of publications.
- In addition, recommendation letters need to be sent individually to TWAS by 2 referees, among whom must be from a specialist from another nation.
Applications need to reach the TWAS Secretariat by 1 December of each year at the following address:
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39040 2240-330
Fax: +39040 224559
For Additional Information: