Due Date: September 30, 2018
Applications are open for the TWIGA Hackathon for Environmental Sensors and IoT for Environment Solutions 2018 To promote participation by young researchers and business owners, TWIGA will arrange 5 hackathons; 3 on advancement of geo-services at Strathmore (Kenya), TU Delft (Netherlands) and SAWS (South Africa), and 2 on sensing unit advancement at KNUST (Ghana) and TU Delft (Netherlands).
Due to the fact that the hackathon will be partially moneyed by TWIGA, there needs to be a sensible outlook to a service. For that reason the goal of the hackathon in Kumasi will be to establish a feasible item (ecological sensing unit and/or service) in 5 days in line with the TWIGA product or services. At the minute the product or services being thought about a few of which have actually been evaluated by TWIGA partners remain in the Farming, Water, Energy, Catastrophe Reaction and Management and Insurance coverage sectors.
- Lodging (complete board) will be offered if required. Tickets for public transportation to and from the location will be compensated versus invoices. Each staff member will be needed to provide a nationwide Recognition card (e.g. Driving License, Passport, and Citizens (ID) and National Medical Insurance Card or other types of medical insurance.
- There are rewards of EUR1500, EUR1000, and EUR500 for initially, 2nd and 3rd location winners respectively;-LRB- *****************).
- These 3 finalists will be supported to take their concepts from concept to complete model prepared to be evaluated on the marketplace within 2 years. The copyright rights of the winning models established throughout the course of the 5 days Hackathon will be shared in between the designers and the TWIGA task.
- Open to just groups from Ghana;-LRB- *****************).
- The groups might be formed by private persons, trainees, start-ups, business, NGOs or federal government companies;-LRB- *****************).
- Groups must have knowledge in software application and hardware advancement. All groups have to be physically present throughout the 5-day Hackathon in Kumasi;-LRB- *****************).
- A minimum of one staff member must have a University degree in the field of Engineering, Computer Technology, Physics or associated field with a minimum of one (1) year experience with hardware/software advancement;-LRB- *****************).
- Start-ups that offered letters of assistance for the TWIGA task proposition are extremely motivated to use in addition to groups with females.
The primary examination requirements will be the development and innovation preparedness level of the proposed item.
All interested groups must send their application (2– page principle note, and the resume or CV of all proposed staff member) on the ecological sensing unit( s) and/or IoT for environment service they plan to establish to [email protected] with the words [TWIGA Hackathon in Kumasi] in the subject line of the e-mail.
For more details, see Hackathon for Environmental Sensors (Hardware) and IoT for Environment Solutions