Application Due Date: June 9th 2019
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Expert Fellows Program on Inclusive Impairment Work (PFP-IDE) supports 20 mid-career experts ( Fellows) from Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, who are dedicated to advancing inclusive work for people with specials needs. Fellows will take part in an extensive five-week program at a university-based research study and education center for specials needs in the U.S. They will find out ingenious methods to promote financial empowerment of people with specials needs through the development of inclusive job opportunity.
In order to use to this program as a Fellow (eligibility requirements), you should …
- Be in between the ages of 25 and 40;-LRB- ***************).
- Be a person, nationwide or long-term local, and be living and operating in Kenya, Tanzania, or Uganda;-LRB- ***************).
- Be qualified to get a U.S. J-1 visa;-LRB- ***************).
- Excel in spoken and composed English;-LRB- ***************).
Speaking efficiency implies that you have the ability to take part.
successfully in the majority of official and casual discussions on useful,.
social, and expert subjects. Interaction in spoken English as.
translated by an indication language interpreter (which will be supplied by.
the Fellowship program) through usage of American, Kenyan or Ugandan Indication.
Language certifies you for speaking efficiency.
Checking out efficiency implies you have the ability to check out requirement.
paper products, regular correspondence, reports, and technical.
products in your unique field.
- Have at least 2 (2) or more years of appropriate work experience with or for non-governmental companies (NGOs), federal government workplaces, universities, schools or community-based companies;-LRB- ***************).
- Have expert interest and/or experience in inclusive work and specials needs;-LRB- ***************).
- Be self-directed and able to work successfully in a cross-cultural setting;-LRB- ***************).
- Have actually shown management and collective abilities;-LRB- ***************).
- Have the ability to take part in the Expert Fellows Program on Inclusive Impairment Work in the United States either in the spring (April 27- May 27, 2019) or in the fall (October 16- November 23, 2019);-LRB- ***************).
- Be dedicated to going back to your house nation for a duration of 2 (2) years after conclusion of the program; and
- Be dedicated to executing a specific task that will benefit youths with specials needs and promote higher inclusive work in your area, nation, or neighborhood following conclusion of the program.
Fellows will get financing for their fellowship-related travel to.
and within the U.S., lodgings in the U.S., and more consisting of:
- Big salami travel in between house nation and U.S.
- Mishap and medical insurance throughout of the fellowship in the U.S.
- Living allowance (or comparable assistances) to cover expenses of meals,.
real estate and incidental costs (these funds, or some part of them,.
can go straight to hosts if required)
- Affordable disability-related lodgings, if required
Fellows will take part in one of 2 mates arranged for.
late-April through late-May and mid-October through mid-November2019
( see Program Arrange listed below).
The core of the program is a specific fellowship with a.
university-based research study and education center for specials needs in the.
U.S. The fellowship will deal with an essential policy or practice concern associated.
to impairment and work in the Fellow’s nation or regional neighborhood.
The fellowship training will be matched with weekly management.
workshops, mentorship, and social work.
Secret program activities consist of:
An orientation to the program and life in the U.S. Throughout.
the one- day orientation, which will occur in Washington, D.C.,.
Fellows will discover the U.S. impairment motion and impairment.
rights, with a concentrate on inclusive work.
An Expert Fellows Congress which will supply.
a chance to meet numerous other Expert Fellows from.
numerous nations who are taking part in other exchange programs. Throughout.
the Congress, Fellows will have the chance to take part in conversations.
and expert trainings developed to more assistance the jobs.
that Fellows are establishing which they will be executed upon.
go back to their house nations.
Specific Fellowship Training at a host website in the U.S., generally a university-based research study and education center for.
specials needs in the U.S. where Fellows will work along with professionals and.
research study policies and practices in inclusive work. Fellows will be.
put with a host whose know-how finest matches their person.
Weekly group workshops where Fellows will go over.
their host website positioning and share individual experiences and development.
with establishing their specific fellowship jobs. These workshops.
will be helped with by the PFP-IDE Program personnel (AUCD, ICI & HI).
A customized inclusive work task that.
each Fellow will establish in the course of their onsite fellowship.
training with assistance from the host coach. Fellows will execute the.
jobs upon go back to their house nations.
Extra in- nation assistance for Fellows’ task supplied by their host coach.
Fellows’ task application might consist of extra in-country.
assistance (training, mentoring, and/or technical help) supplied by.
the Fellow’s host coach through an outgoing journey. Around 6 hosts.
will get moneying to take a trip to their Fellow’s house nation to help.
straight with the task application.
- Continuous access to alumni from other Expert Fellows Programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, which will supply chances to share info and experiences, and look for peer assistance and mentoring.
To Find Out More: