Application Due Date: May 20, 2019
The Workplace of Resident Exchanges, Youth Programs Department, of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, has actually revealed an open competitors for the FY 2019 Pan Africa Youth Management Program, an exchange program for African high school trainees and adult teachers.
The Pan Africa Youth Management Program straight supports the U.S. diplomacy objective of youth empowerment and advancement by gearing up exchange individuals with the understanding and abilities to end up being active and accountable members of their neighborhoods. The program uses secondary school youth (ages 15-18) and a little number of adult teachers from nations in Sub-Saharan Africa the chance to take part in extensive, thematic exchanges in the United States concentrated on civic education, social work, and youth management advancement.
The program objectives are to:
- Promote good understanding in between individuals of the United States and individuals of Sub Saharan Africa.
- Prepare African youth leaders to end up being accountable people and contributing members of their neighborhoods.
- Foster relationships amongst African and American youth from various ethnic, spiritual, and nationwide groups.
The program goals are for individuals to:
- Show a much better understanding of the components of a participatory democracy as practiced in the United States.
- Demonstrate vital thinking, analytical, and management abilities.
- Demonstrate ability at establishing task concepts and preparing a strategy to bring follow-on jobs to fulfillment.
The main program styles are noted below:
- Civic Education (resident involvement, grassroots democracy and guideline of law).
- Social work (social/corporate duty, volunteerism, and philanthropy).
- Youth Management Advancement (group structure, public speaking, settlement, setting goal, and task preparation).
- U.S. embassies in the taking part nations will hire, screen,.
and choose the individuals and ECA will make the last choices.
The award recipient will not be associated with individual choice. The.
last list( s) of individuals will be sent out to the recipient previous to the.
start of the exchanges. It is expected that a minimum of 3.
individuals will be picked from each taking part nation noted.
below, though last numbers will depend upon post interest and other.
- The youth individuals will be high school trainees aged 15 to18
years of ages at the start of the exchange who have actually shown management.
capacity through scholastic work, neighborhood participation, and.
after-school activities. Each exchange delegation will likewise consist of.
adult individuals who are instructors, fitness instructors, or neighborhood leaders who.
deal with youth. They will have the function of exchange individual,.
chaperone, and post-exchange coach. While each delegation should.
consist of one adult individual per nation represented, there might be.
situations where an adult coach is not present from every nation.
represented in the exchange.
- Individuals picked for the English language exchanges will have.
enough English language efficiency to get involved totally in.
interactions with their host households and their peers and in instructional.
activities. The Francophone individuals will not be needed to have.
English efficiency; for that reason candidates need to supply French-language.
shows and/or French language analysis for these exchanges.
In addition, the award recipient needs to put these individuals in host.
households where a minimum of one member speaks French.
- Getting involved nations might consist of: Angola, Benin, Botswana,.
Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Democratic Republic.
of the Congo (DRC), Djibouti, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia,.
Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Lesotho, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania,.
Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo,.
Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan,.
Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and.
- The Bureau reserves the right to include or erase nations from this.
list must conditions alter in the partner nation or if other.
nations are determined as Department concerns.
For More Details: