Application Due Date: December 11 th 2018
The Neighborhood College Effort (CCI) is a U. S. Department of State exchange program for technical and trade trainees from South Africa. The CCI program supplies individuals with a non-degree, academic-year program at a U.S. neighborhood college created to construct individuals’ technical abilities in used fields, boost their management abilities, and reinforce their English language efficiency. Individuals do not require to be existing Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college or University of Innovation trainees to use, though they are welcome. The program works on the U.S. scholastic calendar (August to Might).
The CCI Program supplies individuals with a non-degree, one academic-year program at a U.S. neighborhood college created to construct individuals’ technical abilities in used fields, boost their management abilities, and reinforce their English language efficiency. The program likewise supplies chances for expert internships, service knowing, and neighborhood engagement. After finishing the program, individuals return house with boosted abilities to assist them add to the financial advancement of their nations.
Because the program’s creation in 2007, almost 3,100 individuals from 21 nations have actually gotten scholarships for research study at neighborhood colleges throughout the United States.
The CCI Program shows U.S. dedication to increasing access to college for global trainees from underrepresented and underserved neighborhoods in picked nations and highlights the finding out environment provided at U.S. neighborhood colleges. The program likewise develops U.S. neighborhood colleges’ efforts to deepen global education collaborations and shows.
Fields of Research Study Summary
We are hiring South African prospects for the CCI Program in the following fields:
- Applied Engineering
- Service Management/Admin
- Early Youth Education
- Infotech (IT)
- Public Security
- Tourist and Hospitality Management
The CCI Program offerings within these disciplines are restricted to particular concentration locations noted on the 2019-2020 CCI disciplines summaries and consisted of as part of this application.
CCI Eligibility Requirements
Everybody who satisfies the CCI eligibility requirements noted below is welcome to use no matter race, color, nationwide origin, sex, age, faith, geographical place, socio-economic status, impairment (physical or psychological), sexual preference, or gender identity. Individuals with impairments are highly motivated to use. Competitors for the CCI Program is merit-based and available to anybody who:
- Is a person, or long-term resident certified to hold a legitimate South African passport.
- Is presently living in South Africa.
- Is 18 years or older by July 1, 2019.
- Has actually effectively made a secondary school certificate– (Grade 12/ Matric).
- Has actually not finished the equivalent of 3 years towards a U.S. bachelor’s degree or greater in the field of research study the candidate is chosen to pursue. Candidates without substantive post-secondary education will be provided positioning top priority.
- Has actually shown dedication to the picked discipline through some scholastic or expert experience. The program intends to determine individuals with tested abilities or interest and restricted expert experience in the fields of research study provided.
- Has fundamental working understanding of English language as shown by a minimum TOEFL rating of400 (Note: To register in credit-bearing courses in a scholastic discipline, the candidate should fulfill the minimum language requirements of the host college– normally 500 on the TOEFL test or comparable ratings on other standardized tests.
- Has restricted or no abroad research study experience. Candidates without any previous abroad research study or travel to the United States will be provided positioning top priority.
- Fulfills any tailored requirements of the house nation Embassy/Consulate or Commission.
- Sends a total initial application.
- Has the ability to get a U.S. J-1 visa and fulfill the program conditions to preserve that status.
- Wants and physically able (with lodgings as needed) to finish the program in its totality, consisting of activities or take a trip that might be set on any day of the week, perhaps consisting of morning or night hours.
- Is dedicated to going back to his/her house nation after conclusion of the program and pleasing the J-visa two-year residency requirement.
- Has the ability to start the scholastic exchange program in the United States in July 2019.
Monetary Arrangements of the Grant
- J-1 visa assistance.
- Round-trip travel from individual’s house city to host organization in the United States.
- Tuition and obligatory college charges.
- Real estate and meals.
- Little allowance for books, products, and incidental expenditures.
- Minimal Mishap and Illness protection that is J-visa certified.
- A range of individual and expert advancement activities.
Application Evaluation Process and Criteria
The CCI Program is carried out as a merit-based open competitors. After the application due date (December 11, 2018), all applications will be examined for eligibility and examined by a panel of exchange program professionals. Competitive candidates will be spoken with by an election committee throughout the 2nd half of January2019 Need to you not be welcomed to an interview by January 31 2019, please consider your application not successful.
To Find Out More: