Due Date: June 9, 2019
Applications for the U.S. Department of State Expert Fellows Program on Inclusive Special Needs Work 2019 are now open. The Expert Fellows Program on Inclusive Special Needs Work (PFP-IDE) supports 20 mid-career specialists (Fellows) from Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania, picked through a competitive procedure, to take part in a five-week extensive fellowship program at a university-based research study and education center for impairments in the U.S.
Fellows will be positioned with a university- based research study and education center for impairments that will offer them with mentorship and finding out experiences throughout their remain in the U.S. Hosts will assist Fellows use what they find out throughout their fellowship, and strategy associated jobs upon their go back to their house nations.
Secret program activities consist of:
- An orientation to the program and life in the U.S. Throughout the one- day orientation, which will occur in Washington, D.C., Fellows will learn more about the U.S. impairment motion and impairment rights, with a concentrate on inclusive work.
- An Expert Fellows Congress which will offer a chance to consult with numerous other Expert Fellows from numerous nations who are taking part in other exchange programs. Throughout the Congress, Fellows will have the chance to participate in conversations and expert trainings developed to more assistance the jobs that Fellows are establishing which they will be carried out upon go back to their house nations.
- Private Fellowship Training at a host website in the U.S., typically a university-based research study and education center for impairments in the U.S. where Fellows will work along with professionals and research study policies and practices in inclusive work. Fellows will be positioned with a host whose knowledge finest matches their private expert objectives.
- Weekly group workshops where Fellows will discuss their host website positioning and share individual experiences and development with establishing their private fellowship jobs. These workshops will be helped with by the PFP-IDE Program personnel (AUCD, ICI & HI).
- A customized inclusive work task that each Fellow will establish in the course of their onsite fellowship training with assistance from the host coach. Fellows will carry out the jobs upon go back to their house nations.
- Extra in- nation assistance for Fellows’ task offered by their host coach. Fellows’ task execution might consist of extra in-country assistance (training, mentoring, and/or technical help) offered by the Fellow’s host coach through an outgoing journey. Around 6 hosts will get moneying to take a trip to their Fellow’s house nation to help straight with the task execution.
- Continuous access to alumni from other Expert Fellows Programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, which will offer chances to share info and experiences, and look for peer assistance and mentoring.
Fellows will get financing for their fellowship-related travel to and within the U.S., lodgings in the U.S., and more consisting of:
- Big salami travel in between house nation and U.S.
- Mishap and medical insurance throughout of the fellowship in the U.S.
- Living allowance (or comparable assistances) to cover expenses of meals, real estate and incidental expenditures (these funds, or some part of them, can go straight to hosts if required)
- Affordable disability-related lodgings, if required
- Be in between the ages of 25 and 40;-LRB- **************).
- Be a resident, nationwide or long-term homeowner, and be living and operating in Kenya, Tanzania, or Uganda;-LRB- **************).
- Be qualified to get a U.S. J-1 visa;-LRB- **************).
- Excel in spoken and composed English;.
- Speaking efficiency implies that you have the ability to take part efficiently in a lot of official and casual discussions on useful, social, and expert subjects. Interaction in spoken English as analyzed by an indication language interpreter (which will be offered by the Fellowship program) through usage of American, Kenyan or Ugandan Indication Language certifies you for speaking efficiency.
- Checking out efficiency implies you have the ability to check out basic paper products, regular correspondence, reports, and technical products in your unique field.
- Have at least 2 (2) or more years of pertinent work experience with or for non-governmental companies (NGOs), federal government workplaces, universities, schools or community-based companies;-LRB- **************).
- Have expert interest and/or experience in inclusive work and impairments;-LRB- **************).
- Be self-directed and able to work efficiently in a cross-cultural setting;-LRB- **************).
- Have actually shown management and collective abilities;-LRB- **************).
- Have the ability to take part in the Expert Fellows Program on Inclusive Special Needs Work in the United States either in the spring (April 27- May 27, 2019) or in the fall (October 16- November 23, 2019);-LRB- **************).
- Be dedicated to going back to your house nation for a duration of 2 (2) years after conclusion of the program; and
- Be dedicated to executing a specific task that will benefit youths with impairments and promote higher inclusive work in your area, nation, or neighborhood following conclusion of the program.
For additional information, check out U.S. Department of State Expert Fellows Program