Given That 2007, the Leaders for Democracy Fellowship (LDF) program has actually offered leaders from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) area with the chance to finish training in civic engagement and management. Emerging civic engagement and social development leaders with fluency in Arabic will invest 3 months in Lebanon, while those with fluency in English will go to the United States, getting scholastic and useful experience, in addition to connecting with similar peers and experts. The LDF Program is moneyed by the U.S. Department of State’s U.S.-Middle East Collaboration Effort (MEPI) and executed by World Knowing.
Fellows in the English U.S.-based program very first take part in an.
scholastic element at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, previously.
being put in host companies lined up with their expert.
interests in Washington, D.C. for their practicum experience.
Fellows in the Arabic Lebanon-based program initially go to a scholastic.
element at the American University of Beirut (AUB), prior to being.
put in host companies lined up with their expert interests.
for their practicum experience in Beirut.
The paired parts of class and real-world work offer Fellows.
the theoretical understanding and useful experience in civic.
engagement and social development needed to assist allow them to advance.
efforts throughout the MENA area.
MEPI looks for prospects with exceptional social and interaction.
abilities, tested management capabilities, the capability to operate in a.
cross-cultural setting and a dedication to the program and follow-on.
activities. To promote program sustainability and develop a multiplier.
impact, individuals will be needed to end the program with targeted.
management goals and an intend on how they prepare to use the lessons.
gained from the program when they return house.
This is an extensive civic engagement and social development program and picked prospects are anticipated to completely take part in each phase of the program. The LDF program cycle has 4 phases: an online Pre-Arrival Orientation Stage; an Academic Part (executed in Beirut, Lebanon or Durham, North Carolina); a Practicum Part (executed in Beirut, Lebanon, or Washington, D.C.); and an online Post-Program Tracking Stage. The program in overall is roughly 9 months beginning mid-April 2019 through mid-January 2020.
Applications will be examined based upon plainly specified requirements, consisting of:
- Candidates show a strong dedication to being leaders of favorable modification in their neighborhoods.
- Candidates show that they have actually currently been actively engaged.
in civic engagement and/or social development activities for a minimum of.
3 to 5 years.
- Candidates show tolerance and a desire to work.
collaboratively with a varied mate of peers regardless of their.
gender, ethnic culture, religious beliefs, political views and socioeconomic status.
- Candidates have an interest in taking part in the program and sharing the experience with others.
- Applicants devote to the application of a post-fellowship civic.
engagement and/or social development activity in his/her house nation.
- Those picked will originate from varied backgrounds and LDF go for gender balance.
- The Leaders for Democracy Fellowship will cover the expense of.
worldwide and domestic travel, accommodations, and medical insurance, and.
supply a modest living stipend to cover meals and incidentals throughout.
For the English program in the U.S. candidates need to:
- Be from Algeria, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Israel.
- Have complete English fluency for the U.S. Program. Candidates need to be.
able to operate easily in English-speaking scholastic and.
For the Arabic program in Lebanon candidates need to:
- Be from Syria, Libya, Yemen, Algeria, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Iraq.
- Have complete Arabic fluency for the Lebanon Program. Candidates should.
have the ability to operate easily in Arabic-speaking scholastic and.
Applicants for both programs need to satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- Age: Candidates need to be in between 28 and 35 years of age.
- Expert Experience: Candidates need to have at least 5 years of expert work experience in a pertinent field.
Civic Engagement and/or Social Development Experience: Applicants.
need to have more than 3 to 5 years of experience dealing with.
civic and/or social development jobs, or advocacy with NGOs in a.
expert capability. Volunteer experience will be thought about.
- Academic Background: Applicants need to have a bachelor’s degree.
Post Program: Have the capability and dedication to.
use the management advancement experience acquired through the.
Fellowship program upon going back to house nation.
To Find Out More: