Deadline: December 11, 2020
Submit entries for the UBA Sierra Leone National Essay Competition 2020. The competition calls on Senior Secondary School students in Sierra Leone to write on the topic: “During the COVID-19 Pandemic school closures, explain the interventions you wish you had implemented to make your life at home or your community more comfortable.”
The National Essay Competiton is for senior secondary students as part of UBA Foundation’s CSR pillar focusing on education, just like its Read Africa Initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students across Africa.
- Scholarship grant to the 3 National Winners:
- First place: Le 50million
- Second place: Le 30million
- Third place: Le 20million
- Trophies for the 3 National Winners
- Laptop plus Plaque/Certificate of Participation for all the 12 Finalists.
- Applicant must be a senior secondary school student;
- Applicant should upload scanned copy of their hand-written essay, of not less than 450 words and not above 500 words on the topic;
- Applicant must submit their essay only once;
- Applicant must submit a passport photograph and birth certificate;
- Applicant must submit their essays on or before the 11th of December 2020, late entries will not be accepted;
- Senior Secondary School visually impaired students are also encouraged to participate by submitting their Essays by braille.
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number of Parents and Guardian, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their birth certificates and a passport picture.
- Applicant should send scanned hand-written essay to [email protected] or WhatsApp to +23275142718
- Applicants can also submit their hand-written essays at UBA branches across the country, and at MBSSE district offices nation-wide.
For more information, visit UBA Essay Competition.