Deadline: November 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Uganda Enterprise Finance Accelerator (UGEFA) 2021/2022. Green businesses in Uganda are invited to apply to an accelerator program that offers free finance-focused workshops and discounted loans to help them scale up.
The Ugandan Green Enterprise Finance Accelerator (UGEFA) is looking to help high-potential small and medium-sized enterprises that specialise in eco-tourism, clean energy, sustainable transport, waste management and green manufacturing, including agro-processing, turning raw crops in finished products like textiles and dried fruit.
- During the six-month program, successful applicants will receive customised business development support from expert advisors. This tailored scheme includes capacity building workshops and peer learning, delivered by implementation partners, adelphi and Finding XY.
- After graduating from the UGEFA program, enterprises are matched with banking partners. If they prove to be investible they are provided loans, 33% of which is covered by UGEFA, through funding from the European Union.
- Be registered as a private company or partnership;
- Be based in Uganda;
- Be making revenue and looking to grow;
- Have been operating for 2 years or more;
- Be motivated, enthusiastic team;
- Be interested in a loan of 36,700,000 to 367,000,000 UGX to fuel growth.
Applications to join UGEFA’s accelerator program will close on November 30, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit UGEFA.